Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I know how y’all feel.

We all can share the same sentiments with Hollywood not paying attention to our culture and pushing some off brand **** as acceptable

White shows and movies still portraying brothers from “the ghetto” dressing like 03 fifty meanwhile using the same slang that the little ****** in Soul Plane used

We need to control our identities

I know how y’all feel.

We all can share the same sentiments with Hollywood not paying attention to our culture and pushing some off brand **** as acceptable

White shows and movies still portraying brothers from “the ghetto” dressing like 03 fifty meanwhile using the same slang that the little ****** in Soul Plane used

Had to cut shameless off, when they had Karl being “hood” in 2015 rocking a no name throwback jersey, pinwheel fitted (durag underneath), long platinum chain with $ on it and his “homies” riding in an 02 Escalade with spinning rims :smh:

The only one worthy 🤗

3877642A-F69F-44B6-90E1-0A134B02D450.jpeg

🐐 🐐

damn this **** look kinda straight :lol:

anyone seen it? Is it decent?

Haven't seen the movie yet...and I'm not going to just because of the lead :lol:

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying the roles they're trying to cast him in. When he upped the pole in Queen and Slim I was like...come on man :lol::smh:

they setting lil buddy up for doom :lol: Didn’t even peep that was same dude

they setting lil buddy up for doom :lol: Didn’t even peep that was same dude

He’s getting a push, cuz he’s likekable and a familiar fresh face to the Hollywood folks. Buddy ain’t it, for this. And he’s a really one not actor. Not a fan

Peeped they had the kids from the chi as his Lor homeboys. Them lil *****s made me stop watching that too :lol:. Especially that fat goofy kid.

I know how y’all feel.

Hollywood ain’t check in on what’s going on in the streets since like 04, all urban black folks in their shows and movies stuck in that time period :lol: :smh: ...The wild thing is it be some of our own that be right there when they make these decisions but they either don’t speak up or they the out the loop types themselves ...They only let certain types work wit em

I was high & happy when I 1st saw Queen & Slim, so it got a lot of passes. But that movie isn't gonna age well. Most of it was stupid as hell w/ pretty shots. I still wrap my head around out of the copsshooting a black cop that was can't

I was high & happy when I 1st saw Queen & Slim, so it got a lot of passes, but that movie hasn't gonna age well. Most of the plot was stupid as hell, & were setups for feel good moments w/ pretty shots.

I still can't wrap my head around out of all the cops present, that kid shot the black one looking out for him. What the **** was? And that actor somehow managed make that Baltimore accent sound worse & inaudible. I had to put in earbuds to understand what he said.

Loved Charm City Kings. I was huge fan of 12 o'clock boys doc so it was cool to kinda see that story reinterpreted for a movie.

A lot of us somewhat watched pug grow up online after the film. Sucks to see him in jail but some people need that lesson.

Meek/ chino etc did straight, like many pointed out the lead felt a lil off but that's cool enough. Happy to see youngin keep getting a shot.

Back
Top Bottom