Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

IMG_8B9B2DE823E0-1.jpeg

IMG_6924.PNG

Ice Cube thing makes sense once you take emotion out of it and look at the picture
It does, but some people are emotional about the situation and just don't realize that both parties don't have their(black people) best interest in mind. However, Trump has shown that he cannot be trusted especially with the various moves he's made against black people when it comes to black rights and at this point in time, it would be suicide to vote for him and if you hand him a vote, it would be like setting black people back 100s of years. Just look at the following

1. Voter suppression
2.Denying the existence of systematic racism
3.Telling people who are born here to go back to their parent's home countries as if they don't have any right to America.
4.Having racial sensitivity trainings removed within the Federal Government
5.Him singling out certain States Cities that happen to have a large black populace and referencing them as slums and going to the dogs, when some of the craziest atrocities in present-day have happened in Republican ran states. Mass shootings in Virginia, Florida, Texas, Ohio etc.
6.Endoresemnt of radical racist militia groups

I remember reading on here i think a long time ago about a family in Italy who woke up one morning to find their car broken into, on the ground by the car the thief had dropped opera tickets. The night of the opera, the family took the tickets and went to the show, when they came home everything in their house was gone.

Trump is giving Cube opera tickets. There is no deal one could enter into with this man; socially, politically, financially where you aren't the one that winds up getting played. Ice Cube should know that, Trump doesn't give a damn about nothing he's talking about he is nothing but a token for Trump

it's not emotional to look at Cube funny over this, it's logical based on a pattern of behavior by Trump

Last edited:
It does, but some people are emotional about the situation and just don't realize that both parties don't have their(black people) best interest in mind. However, Trump has shown that he cannot be trusted especially with the various moves he's made against black people when it comes to black rights and at this point in time, it would be suicide to vote for him and if you hand him a vote, it would be like setting black people back 100s of years. Just look at the following

1. Voter suppression
3.Telling people who are born here to go back to their parent's home countries as if they don't have any right to America.
5.Him singling out certain States Cities that happen to have a large black populace and referencing them as slums and going to the dogs, when some of the craziest atrocities in present-day have happened in Republican ran states. Mass shootings in Virginia, Florida, Texas, Ohio etc.

agree with everything here, but I recognize the need to use those in power as well. like I got his point it's just Trump brings out such an emotional response in people. Garvey and Malcolm both met with the KKK iirc.

wild part of this is I think Cube said both parties reached out to him initially?

I think people are taking this as an endorsement which doesn't seem like the case to me.

1. Voter suppression

I enjoy him taking credit for low black unemployment when it’s really just us taking any job available, sometimes multiple in order to simply keep income flowing. That’s been one of his main talking points he’s puffed his chest out about and it is totally false.

Ice Cube supports. How can anyone that as seen a clip of this go "I support this." This is real btw, not a parody. Keep feeding yourself those alt-right conspiracy theories though. You'll be another lynched *****:

agree with everything here, but I recognize the need to use those in power as well. like I got his point it's just Trump brings out such an emotional response in people. Garvey and Malcolm both met with the KKK iirc.

wild part of this is I think Cube said both parties reached out to him initially?

I think people are taking this as an endorsement which doesn't seem like the case to me.
Agreed. He's essentially hedging his bets and nothing is wrong with that. We as black people need to start hedging our bets when it comes to our political affiliations. This also doesn't mean that that Cube is "buddies" with Trump as some of the brainwash folk are implying. The reality of the situation is, we owe neither party nothing.
The fact that you can even meet with Trump after all that he's done to our community. To work on an imaginary plan that will go out the window if he wins. I mean, Trump doesn't have one or two strikes against us. The racist sexist POS has like 15 strikes against us.
Garvey and Malcolm both met with the KKK. Hell, Hannibal met with Scipio. You can meet with your enemy to come to a truce or mutual agreement. As mentioned by Sleazyy, both parties met with Cube. The republicans just happened to be the only to reply and claim that they would "implement" it. It's chess moves by everyone involved. Trump is desperately trying to sway the black vote. Cube is showing the party that takes us for granted that we as black people won't be taken for granted anymore.

I enjoy him taking credit for low black unemployment when it’s really just us taking any job available, sometimes multiple in order to simply keep income flowing. That’s been one of his main talking points he’s puffed his chest out about and it is totally false.
He is doing to America the same thing that he did with his inheritance. He inherited a great economy that was set up from the previous administration and he is fumbling it. Trump fought against tax credits for solar and electrical vehicles and sure enough, one of the most valuable companies on the stock market happens to be an electric car company, yet he's taking credit for it.

Last edited:
I don’t think it makes sense. Trump is the current sitting president, who’s capable of doing more than putting forth policy commitments. He can actually implement policy now. The same way the republicans are attempting to fast track a Supreme Court justice, there are ways to immediately enact laws that will help the Black community.

Biden/Harris aren’t wrong to say that they’ll discuss the CPAB after the election... because they actually have to win the election for any meaningful dialogue to take place. Otherwise it’s more lip service while they’re on the campaign trail.

Cube’s allowing himself to be used as a pawn. Trump has already shown through actions that Blacks are not a priority for his administration. I think it’s a misstep on Cube’s part.

you don't use those in power, they use you and make you think you're using them
Cube got a true no from one party, and a false yes from the other. Give me the true no any day of the week

it’s symbiotic in a way. MLK and Lyndon Johnson’s relationship is similar. everyone knows LBJ was an enormous piece of **** but the pressure that MLK and others applied along with their relationship in private brought us the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

with that said I don’t trust anything the first family is involved in. but this is diplomacy, as sad as it is. you have to work around the devil until you can break him.

I remember reading on here i think a long time ago about a family in Italy who woke up one morning to find their car broken into, on the ground by the car the thief had dropped opera tickets. The night of the opera, the family took the tickets and went to the show, when they came home everything in their house was gone.

Trump is giving Cube opera tickets. There is no deal one could enter into with this man; socially, politically, financially where you aren't the one that winds up getting played. Ice Cube should know that, Trump doesn't give a damn about nothing he's talking about he is nothing but a token for Trump

it's not emotional to look a Cube funny over this, it's logical based on a pattern of behavior by Trump

Black people have to stop thinking emotionally right now. That’s what got us in this mess in the first place. Cube can’t align himself with Trump. Period. There’s nothing to gain.

Low Black unemployment was a means to an end. We were discouraged, and disenchanted from the workforce for DECADES. It was only a matter of time. We’ve always been a working class people. That Black unemployment situation was a product of their (white America) doing anyway. The playing field just has begun to level itself out a little bit.

There’s no credit to be given

I looked up sales after seeing that tweet. Yo YG sold 46,000 actual copies. That's unheard of in Rap today. Who the **** was buying his album? Then he had 16K in streams.

21 and Metro sold 19K in actual copies and 154K in streams.

Makes me wonder if that's the label

Back
Top Bottom