Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

gucci dropped ea sportscenter, mr. perfect, gucci sosa, wiltchamberlain 1-3, zone 6 to duval, the tape with yo gotti, and the movie all in one year lol

an each tape is considered a classic...the love gucci gets is well deserved

the crazy part, gucci was in jail for majority of 2008 lol

Something I have never understood. I'm not trolling when I ask this. Why do people like Gucci as much as they do? I've been trying hard to force myself to like him since like 05 or whatever. Is it because he authentic or what?

1st....the production. Zay is talented as hell...and Prime Gucci had Zay as his in house producer. Amazing production. Then there was Gucci and Drumma Boy, Gucci and Mike Will, Gucci and Metro etc etc.

2. Gucci is witty as hell with his lines...as well as descriptive and flat out hilarious at times. He got flows for days...and is creative as hell.

3. Contrary to what you think....the ***** can actually rap....and be saying some slick ****. He came at a time when people only saw him as a dumb, druggy, southern rapper....and that stuck with him for the first part of his career until perception started to change a lil....and people really understood him.

4. The sheer quantity of music he puts out isn’t absurd. Even if you don’t like all of Gucci’s projects....he’s going to have multiple joints on there that appeal to you.

Lastly, it just SLAPS. Clubs, whip, strip clubs, parties, ear phones....doesn’t matter. It simply is creative rapping over good production and clever lines.

Like if your REALLY listened closely to this...Gucci is saying some slick ****.

“I had a ‘77 Buick I was just a freshman/
I sat it on some ace and vogues and parked dat bish on Gresham/
My teachers and my pupils voted me most unsuccessful
I grew to be a pharmacist, I run a hood Eckerds/
I shift it right to left so you can call it Home Ec
Choppa tone yo body up, I call it phys-ed/
Not da science teacher, but gucci mane I'm a chemist
Working with dem beakers, geekers steady bringin 20's/
I was a sophmore box chevy black tint
So all da girls cut dey classes just to jump in/
I turned 17 I thought I was a grown man
They locked me up got my only drug conviction/
80 sacks a bag of weed so you know I'm runnin
If I had anotha chance I do it all again man . Cause it made me stronger, and it made me smarter
Gucci Mane la flare Yo Gotti, ***** hustle harder”

:pimp:

Last edited:
Moreso try to understand his acclaim rather than forcing. Used force loosely.

Oh aight I feel you.

I'll just leave this here

gucci dropped ea sportscenter, mr. perfect, gucci sosa, wiltchamberlain 1-3, zone 6 to duval, the tape with yo gotti, and the movie all in one year lol

an each tape is considered a classic...the love gucci gets is well deserved

the crazy part, gucci was in jail for majority of 2008 lol

Such a great year. The work ethic was stupid.

We need a new thread title, I hate seeing this title now. Is that show still on?

Gucci been my guy since Trap House, he could always rap but he's definitely gotten better. I hate that he married a video girl that's been around. SMH

I also hate that NY rappers say trap now, that's southern slang. FOH.

I see this is a Gucci appreciation thread now :lol:

Eh I'll stand by my statement that he became a better rapper as his career progressed. His delivery and wordplay got better, his voice also became clearer and he slurred his words less.

full

BTW this ‘Rap TAN’ or ‘TAR’ (Thread About Rap) or however y’all wanna stylize it lol

Ak 1000% feeling himself, hahahahaha. That show is done.

I sent a PM to the creator of this ****. I can't stand seeing the name anymore. If anyone gotta good name, PM it to him. I just sold Rap About Nothing Thread. Should have added Old vs Young to it. Hahahahah

Time to change this topic into some good music

This is new

Last edited:
Ak 1000% feeling himself, hahahahaha. That show is done.

I sent a PM to the creator of this ****. I can't stand seeing the name anymore. If anyone gotta good name, PM it to him. I just sold Rap About Nothing Thread. Should have added Old vs Young to it. Hahahahah

‘Rap About Nothing Thread’...RANT? #woke

I'm sorry but this dude 6ix9ine is dropping too much heat out here. That energy and production is almost infectious. NY gon have to put up with him for a while :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom