Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Still get what the issue with Gibbs and Jeezy is. Did he just assume signing with Jeezy would put him over the top in the mainstream and he would sell millions of records? Does he blame Jeezy for that not happening?

Still get what the issue with Gibbs and Jeezy is. Did he just assume signing with Jeezy would put him over the top in the mainstream and he would sell millions of records? Does he blame Jeezy for that not happening?

He's never adequately explained it from what I've heard.

and it's worked out for him, so I don't get why he's still going on and on about it.

He's never adequately explained it from what I've heard.

and it's worked out for him, so I don't get why he's still going on and on about it.
he was only with CTE for a year but the way gibbs talks about it you'd think he railroaded his whole career.

Da hell happened to Slick Pulla...that man was nice.
giphy (32).gif

When Gibbs talks about Jeezy he basically says he was a big fan of his and being around him he saw too much sucka **** and yes men around Jeezy.

He do need to let it go. It's been going on for 7 years now. Gibbs shining now, anybody that's been paying attention to hip hop the last few years recognizes him as one of the best. He already proved he made the right move.

Nah that future and uzi was some mid and the deluxe made it worse... **** sound like a Uzi tape featuring Future.

I don’t know if it was full on mid-but it was definitely mid-adjacent. Thought the deluxe version had some more notable songs. It’s basically more along the lines of an extended Save Me than any of Future’s better releases.

There HAS to be more to the Gibbs/Jeezy situation, has to be :lol:. Like some personal ****

I remember Gibbs used to really try and bully rappers but he mostly let that whole shtick go, I think that affected his career as far as _’s not wanting to work w him etc. He just be on his funny/comedian **** these days

Except for the Jeezy **** :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom