Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

who? :lol:. The music has to be good. End of story.?And the generalizations about what’s “hot” these days is played out. Like cmon dawg, you better that that lol.

Anyway, I meant to tag you in another thread...but the mandem s got this fire UK series on Amazon prime. Learnt about the mangrove 9, and Afro carribean civil rights in the 60s-now.

Highly recommend watch. Episode 2, is incredible. Takes place at a Jamaican party in Uk the entire time.

I posted about it in the Black Culture thread. Some of my elders who were in the UK during that time had expressed some of the **** they had to deal with in terms of racism when they moved over there, so to see the entire case about the Mangrove along with the second episode "Loversrock"(started it, but didn't finish it) was on point in regards to their experiences. It's also funny because Notting Hill (Area where the Mangrove was located) is now gentrified :smh:. That's also where they have their West Indian Carnival.

FEE6BEC5-6C60-4314-8E0F-53CCFA1C3479.jpeg

You might want to go look in the desiingner thread....:lol:

The talk of him “taking Future spot” was real too. In early 2016. Which is and was wild.

trynafeelmink trynafeelmink & @alexody

Grimey post was a mumbo jumbo of a lot of stuff. Some nonsense included. But the sassy south Floridian finessence finessence has a point about elevation, as well as a real lowering of standards of truly mediocre talent and people who don’t pass the quality test....just to have a win, for nyc on the mainstream level in rap. It’s a thing.

Fam You've been on Trump levels of Propoganda for years with this Desiigner ****, I NEVER in my life said he would take Futures place (actually there some of these Future is the Goat cats in here, who were saying he was done after Honest #IREMEMBER).

Hell i never even said Desiigner was a good artist, I said that i'm not going to knock him for biting & allow it from people from any other region. It's either biting is trash or not, we ain't doing this on no case by case difference.

I loved Roddy album but breh is on here doing a Super Slimy rendition & nobody said a word

And for the last time this convo about where NYC stands is always coming from non NY'ers we ain't angling for approval in the **** we created.

Fam You've been on Trump levels of Propoganda for years with this Desiigner ****, I NEVER in my life said he would take Futures place (actually there some of these Future is the Goat cats in here, who were saying he was done after Honest #IREMEMBER).

Hell i never even said Desiigner was a good artist, I said that i'm not going to knock him for biting & allow it from people from any other region. It's either biting is trash or not, we ain't doing this on no case by case difference.

I loved Roddy album but breh is on here doing a Super Slimy rendition & nobody said a word

I remember *****

Perfect time by Roddy is incredible. Clearly, influenced by Super & Thug. But he for sure got his own ****. That’s the diff.

Some of the talk about desiigner at the time, was He was “better” than Future. Had a good body of work etc, and was going to take over. That was never true. Panda was a slapper. But had to be one of the most blatantly bit raps of all time. Biting is in hip hop nature. Back to Ice T biting Schooly D. But the designer *** was DIFF.

Peanut butta seats came perfect timeeee

Roddy cool, some tracks bump on that album.

The box, boom boom room, start with me, big stepper

The rest i skip tbh

Grimey isn't lying since 2014 mainstream wise new york has only produced one hit wonders..pop smoke was on his way before his death
But "mainstream" is wack tho to you guys?

Drake is trash, Kanye is trash, Migos done, Jay is washed, Eminem is trash, etc.

Only "mainstream" rappers y'all like are Future and Lil Baby and they have a core street audience and we're able to crossover.

Took Future a looong time but Baby came out blazing

Is it oochie wally or is it one mic?

Last edited:
CJ Whoopty is going to blow. And y’all KNOW this ***** ain’t good :lol:

What is your point?? atleast half of the "Hits" aren't made by good artist, they catch a good song & ride off of that.

All of last decade NYC had a bunch of good new artist who couldn't catch mainstream success people tried to slander NYC artist for that, the past Decade it's flipped around where a lot of artist get hits & can't sustain a long career & now that's an issue too :lol: :lol: .

This is where the rap game is at right now, you could be a trash artist, get the right connections, one song & be a "star". NYC just dealing with the precedent that was set the past decade & a half :emoji_disappointed_relieved: now reap what you sew

Also A Boogie has been consistently dropping hit records for 5-6 years now & has an entire subgenre of ****** who sound like him..... but one hit wonders :lol:

Your like 5 months late on this one.

Again, I've never heard you complain about a record blowing and it's "quality" unless it pertains to someone from NY

It's weak

i do it all the time :lol:. It’s closer to home for you, so I get it. Good records are good records. It’s okay to be critical. Grimey finessence finessence has a point tho. Y’all just going to get defensive and ignore it. Or wash away the realities and subtleties.

When THEY get behind a CJ whoopty or whoever is next. And pretend like he’s the second coming of big pun or something, the convo will be revisited lol.

i do it all the time :lol:. It’s closer to home for you, so I get it. Good records are good records. It’s okay to be critical. Grimey finessence finessence has a point tho. Y’all just going to get defensive and ignore it. Or wash away the realities and subtleties.

When THEY get behind a CJ whoopty or whoever is next. And pretend like he’s the second coming of big pun or something, the convo will be revisited lol.

What are you talking about?

Like son you lookin bad out here just rambling co signing someone who sprinkles narcotic on sack lunches

Talking all this and they

Who are these individuals?

We're talking about another gang record from NYC that caught on mainstream

This is nothing new

Everything alright?

Forreal who are these trash artist that NYC trys to hype up as the greatest thing ever, As a ***** who was in the city, I never heard a ***** outside of Tax saying he was gonna surpass future.

As far as gas goes, lets not forget the amount of times we've seen the NEXT Wayne or Jeezy :lol: . Mr Prodigies are born everyday B talking about amping up medicore artist? you betta than this wavy

Forreal who are these trash artist that NYC trys to hype up as the greatest thing ever, As a ***** who was in the city, I never heard a ***** outside of Tax saying he was gonna surpass future.

As far as gas goes, lets not forget the amount of times we've seen the NEXT Wayne or Jeezy :lol: . Mr Prodigies are born everyday B talking about amping up medicore artist? you betta than this wavy

We can just go to the thread on this site :lol:. It was most definitely a thing. And the Kanye/good music plug at the time, had y’all *****s saying desiigner could actually spit, on some technical level. Hilarious to watch in real time.

keep it real with ya self. Mr. Old English was a fire mixtape.

YB, Baby & Kodak. Rap prodigies. Next :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom