Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It’s crazy that Young Ma really is the best out of that group. He has some bangers and in general more than solid stuff. PettyWap 1 & 2, Savage Mode, Dripset, Numb, BIG, and a couple others. I’ll take those over every single song I’ve heard from the rest of those artists on that list. May as well be Lil Yachty and all those artists on his label. They stink.

I seen what you did.
I don’t know for sure if you meant to do it.
But I seent it. :lol:

You might want to go look in the desiingner thread....:lol:

The talk of him “taking Future spot” was real too. In early 2016. Which is and was wild.

@tyisny & alexody alexody

Grimey post was a mumbo jumbo of a lot of stuff. Some nonsense included. But the sassy south Floridian finessence finessence has a point about elevation, as well as a real lowering of standards of truly mediocre talent and people who don’t pass the quality test....just to have a win, for nyc on the mainstream level in rap. It’s a thing.

or maybe they're doing the same mediocre stuff you champion

Y'all hold NY to a different standard.

Basically admitting an inferiority complex

It's trash everywhere and a lot of that trash yall champion

Only NY isn't allowed to have trash

It's a ****load of talent in NY y'all just CHOOSE not to listen to those guys and instead try your best to discredit

That's on y'all

Continue to act like scorned females and have regional bias on something as inclusive and diverse as rap music

The artist themselves don't even share those sentiments lol

Ya be looking crazy on a forum can't imagine real life

Shout out to Peep Game Peep Game and Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius and the rest of y'all

Dudes who aren't from NY and are the exact opposite of the types I'm talking about

or maybe they're doing the same mediocre stuff you champion

nah. Not at all. But I remember the point when this was happening. Flex and them was doing it. Vividly remember the DJ’s on it as well.

This is how a rationalization of Tekashi69, “sounding like Onyx or dmx” happens :lol:

It's a ****load of talent in NY y'all just CHOOSE not to listen to those guys and instead try your best to discredit
Been saying this. You can see the inferiority complex in their posts. Just wreaks of it.

Its why I don't take those opinions seriously.

Name em?

This thread pretty much listens to a lot of the same **** :lol:. It’s Gibbs, Criselda, Future, Baby, Thug, Mozzy, old school rap appreciation.... and a Drake hate circle jerk really.

Yall can’t keep getting off within “trash you champion” without being specific or defensive lol.

Name em?

This thread pretty much listens to a lot of the same **** :lol:. It’s Gibbs, Criselda, Future, Baby, Thug, Mozzy, old school rap appreciation.... and a Drake hate circle jerk really.

Yall can’t keep getting off within “trash you champion” without being specific or defensive lol.
:rofl: You of all ppl questioning this.

Name em?

we literally discuss ALL styles of rap in here. And we ridicule the trash also. We better critics than any podcast or music reviewers. They know this.

Pop Smoke and A Boogie is all they had within 5-7 years. ASAP mob and Joey Badass was before them. The last 5-7 years they had Cardi B, Smoke and Boogie

When we said guys like Kodak, Lil Baby, NBA, etc had next, it really wasn’t debatable. It was only a matter of when. Other than Pop Smoke, NYC hasn’t been able to wield that type of cache.

Ya’ll had to get behind Cardi and 69 by default

That's on y'all

Continue to act like scorned females and have regional bias on something as inclusive and diverse as rap music

The artist themselves don't even share those sentiments lol

Ya be looking crazy on a forum can't imagine real life

Shout out to Peep Game Peep Game and Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius and the rest of y'all

Dudes who aren't from NY and are the exact opposite of the types I'm talking about
what I find funny is, I posted CJ Mcfly in here the other day in here, and cats scrolled past as if nothing was posted. But they sure love them some pill-popping lean sipping sound the same trash.

what I find funny is, I posted CJ Mcfly in here the other day in here, and cats scrolled past as if nothing was posted. But they sure love them some pill-popping lean sipping sound the same trash.

CJ McFly from that 2010-2012 era, we talking the past 5 years. Like 2015 to the present. The whole Pro Era is fire. I like Nyck Caution too.

Neek Bucks dope but y’all never behind him.
East is my guy too but again.... NYC don’t push bruh

Dawg, you’ve been bumping the best of Joyner Lucas and Hopsin.
Dont listen to Hospin but I've listened to one Joyner album if thats a joke.

Every time I play a vid you post its trash :lol: You damn right we not on the same wavelength.

The nerve of you to ask who champions trash and say name em :lol: Like you don't know its you.

Nobody is interested in doing a versuz with Game anyway.

I figured he'd play in to Curtis joke.

who? :lol:. The music has to be good. End of story.?And the generalizations about what’s “hot” these days is played out. Like cmon dawg, you better that that lol.

Anyway, I meant to tag you in another thread...but the mandem s got this fire UK series on Amazon prime. Learnt about the mangrove 9, and Afro carribean civil rights in the 60s-now.

Highly recommend watch. Episode 2, is incredible. Takes place at a Jamaican party in Uk the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom