Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

And before _'s start the "yall just saying that because he died" check the Nipsey thread. That album was getting praised HEAVY.

The way Nip kicked off the album.. that **** STILL gives me chills.
He was really one of them ones.

I'm finna take it there
This time around I'ma make it clear
Spoke some things into the universe and they appeared

And before _'s start the "yall just saying that because he died" check the Nipsey thread. That album was getting praised HEAVY.

I'm finna take it there
This time around I'ma make it clear
Spoke some things into the universe and they appeared

I’m glad that album was getting love before he died. Victory Lap, In Celebration of Us, and Jim Jones’ American Gangster were the only albums I was listening to when I did some out of state training back in 2018.

Victory Lap definitely gotta great response when it came out. It’s a good album but people weren’t calling that **** a classic before he died except for a few of y’all groupies. We already know, death and prison makes everyone an elite rapper and gives them a classic album.

Victory Lap definitely gotta great response when it came out. It’s a good album but people weren’t calling that **** a classic before he died except for a few of y’all groupies. We already know, death and prison makes everyone an elite rapper and gives them a classic album.

People can't separate the album from what happen

Like everyone was a big Nip fan before all of a sudden. That album was well received though. I personally like Crenshaw better.

You aren't going to have a legit discussion on this topic

Outside of the first beat, eminem gnat is garbage I wish he would stop rapping for good
Just stop listening.

I don't have an album after Eminem Show. Deleted Relapse and the other one. Stopped checking for him. Only recently gave Music to be Murdered by a chance and there's no real improvement or return to form.

Em always walked a fine line of actually making good rap music. Dude is pretty washed now.

Last edited:
Jist stop listening.

I don't have an album after Eminem Show. Deleted Relapse and the other one. Stopped checking for him. Only recently gave Music to be Murdered by a chance and there's no real improvement or return to form.

Em always walked a fine line of actually making good rap music. Dude is pretty washed now.

The production on “Relapse” is crazy. One of my favorite produced albums. Some songs his flow is insane but he using that accent on some songs.

Everything after that album been trash. He can’t find his flow and is trying too hard or something. Kamikaze had 3-4 good songs but nothing I’m going back and playing.

If it got a great response when it came out and here we are almost 3 years later and it's still great from top to bottom. Yes that's a classic.

You act like it was some bad album then he passed. The **** was nominated for a grammy and was getting a lot of love while he was alive. Might not be a classic for you.

The album had only been out a year before he passed so people were probably hesitant.
Had to let the album breath. It's damn near 3 years later now.
We can comfortably call it a masterpiece. Gets played top to bottom.
This **** ain't for you. Go listen to the best of Maino.

Last edited:
Jist stop listening.

Ive never been a Em fan, I just checked it out because people were talking about it yesterday..I've actually never listened to Rap god..none of his more popular songs post eminem show I'm not familiar with unless they were on the radio

college days. loved this tape.

I still play this faithfully every summer

Back
Top Bottom