Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

My thing is this, the rich get richer when this started as a community driven thing then they latched on and had 1 goal; to sell to the highest bidder. I may not feel the same way if they actually kept it in house and god forbid build their own company then sell it to others. Like forreal the whole premise is predicated on people coming to the lives during early quarantine for social interaction.
That can spring up anywhere/ anytime and expecting people to migrate is dumb.

My thing is this, the rich get richer when this started as a community driven thing then they latched on and had 1 goal; to sell to the highest bidder. I may not feel the same way if they actually kept it in house and god forbid build their own company then sell it to others. Like forreal the whole premise is predicated on people coming to the lives during early quarantine for social interaction.
That can spring up anywhere/ anytime and expecting people to migrate is dumb.

It’s still the game of capitalism at the end of the day. As more and more states loosen restrictions and things “return to normal” there will be less demand for events like verzuz because acts will be able to tour again and the allure of doing a battle might not be as appealing as it was a year ago. Verzuz got as big as it did because there were few alternatives a) for the public to enjoy the entertainment and b) artists to gain additional income for the music.

Tim and Swizz probably recognized that the verzuz brand could be nearing the end of the road. It would make sense to cash out and get a profit from what they built rather than to watch it bleed out into obscurity.

Plus’s triller seems to have been dedicating a lot of money to building its platform, so it’s possible they could breathe new life into the brand. Just gotta see how it plays out.

Back
Top Bottom