Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

He gave Thug his highest charting, biggest first week sales and first #1 album, at a time he was cold

Joint ain't even go #1 (unless you talking bout in the rap section of Billboard, which Slime Season 3 did already)

More #CAP

. He definitely gavev him a boost in helping him sell records.
The two projects he put out after the fact didn't sell that well either, so that point ain't rly it either

"Cold" is wild extreme, plus this was 2018 Fewtch and he's the bigger & better artist. He definitely gavev him a boost in helping him sell records.

this was 2017. The “button” hadn’t been pushed by the label for
Thug yet. Beautiful thugger girls was good....but it wasn’t commercially successful like that. Another 38k album for thug. He was still good musically, but outside of features....his standing was up in the air. For what it’s worth, I was defending thug then. Cuz I knew he had it in him.

Thug ard...he had a pretty damn good ‘17 as a collaborative artist.

FT on #2 song in the country
FT on Drake, Ross and Meek albums
Super Slimey debuted at #1
Etc

Lil Baby and Gunna are def heating up and putting pressure on Thug though. Thug just gotta stop bluffing and drop a full project with nun but hits. He’s more than capable. No idea why him and the label are stalling. He’s ok right now though.

And that’s exactly what happened in 2019, when they pushed the button with “So Much Fun”.

Also, this.

I don't think y'all understand what Thug and Lyor are doing now. Low key, it's smart.

1. They are selling 20k to 40k disposable mixtapes every few months. They are marketing these tapes as "Albums".....but they aren't even albums. The label is putting little in the marketing budget for these....and still able to sell tapes that woulda been free on Datpiff and Lvrmixtapes for profit.

2. They then release them for free a few days later ...let the songs be distributed on all the steaming services....and rack up streams/views.....while building the fan base and allowing Thug to constantly tour with new content.

All the newer street rappers are following this type of blueprint. 21 Savage released his last mixtape "Savage Mode" for sale for about a week. It was #1 on iTunes.

Imagine if Future sold 50k mixtapes every few months during his "3peat" that's a crazy run from October to March.

Thug dropped:

I'm up in Feb of 2016: it sold 22k first week
Ss3 in March of 2016: sole 38k in first week

And now Jeffery in August.

This ***** essentially sold at least 100k units worth of music in 6 months. Notice how he hasn't even dropped an official album yet.

All of these are lacked mixtapes.
It's a mixtape....that's set to move close to 120k units and will be Future's 3rd #1 project and 3rd 100k first week projecy in 9 months. Will also be Thug's highest debut.

They could discuss if this helps Thug out. Compare it to WATTBA. Talk about the quality etc. Its relevant.

Instead.....the topic is does A$AP rocky get the credit he deserves? :lol:. This is pretty big hip hop release that happened over the weekend. It should be discussed. Especially in a down time for content.
And it's a free mixtape too. Well done.

I’ve been right.

This was the biggest song from beautiful thugger girls:

this was 2017. The “button” hadn’t been pushed by the label for
Thug yet. Beautiful thugger girls was good....but it wasn’t commercially successful like that. Another 38k album for thug. He was still good musically, but outside of features....his standing was up in the air. For what it’s worth, I was defending thug then. Cuz I knew he had it in him.

And that’s exactly what happened in 2019, when they pushed the button with “So Much Fun”.

Also, this.

I’ve been right.

This was the biggest song from beautiful thugger girls:

When I think of cold I think of Fetty Wap. I think "up in the air" was the perfect way describe him, but yeah they didn't walk off that yatch w/o catching something. They at least had the clap. They did not use a condom.

Fam said he needed to apologize just to sell 2k more copies :rofl:

Let's completely ignore him getting on one of the biggest songs of that year let alone possibly that decade

Fam said he needed to apologize just to sell 2k more copies :rofl:

Let's completely ignore him getting on one of the biggest songs of that year let alone possibly this decade

37k to 75k

Your math is horrendous. And you can’t read Back you go

82F091C7-C35B-4EE3-8920-3972894D6EB7.png
15951A03-47A8-4EBD-B707-8C91FACD2EED.png

Thug was definitely cold before future threw the lifeline. It is what it is. Very talented though.

He was hating on future heavy too. Future much better than thug as well.

Wouldn't that mean Future got cold if his last joint (which dropped a week after he a 140k project) did 120k

Thug B4 Future's grace: 37k, 38k, 37k

Thug after Future's grace: 41k

Thug dropped "Jeffery" in 2016, "Pick Up the Phone", it's one of the famous "album" covers in recent times. Travis & Thugger we the new dudes to established themselves that year. Like how was Jefferey cold? Also, he was one the Cuban song w/ that racist chick that was everywhere. How was he cold?

Thug dropped "Jeffery" in 2016, "Pick Up the Phone", it's one of the famous "album" covers in recent times. Travis & Thugger we the new dudes to established themselves that year. Like how was Jefferey cold? Also, he was one the Cuban song w/ that racist chick that was everywhere. How was he cold?

I mentioned that. Go back and re-read my post about him being in an okay position. And him being a great collaborative artist in 2017, due to features etc. People in the industry, and on here....we’re saying he was “cold” etc, and wondering if he would take the next step. I correctly predicted he would, with the timing etc.

Along the way though, Future gave him his biggest release to that date. It’s nothing wrong with admitting future threw him a lifeline, when he didn’t have too.

This is 2017 Future...off of 2 #1 albums a week apart and mask off just a few months prior in April. In Oct, he drops a collab tape with Thug, who just came off of this

It’s why ppl in here are @‘ing my guy lamekilla lamekilla ....because the talk was Thug wasn’t ascending to the “next level” he predicted at that point. Then Super Slimey hit. That was like a resurgance for him in a lil sense. Thug benefited from that, and it’s OKAY!

Future benefited from Drake. It’s how it works. Its okay lol.

He need to take all the effects off his voice and go back to talk rapping like he did in the mid2000’s!
Him and Eminem got the same Problems. Somehow making their best abilities their worst problem in rapping "too" good in an obnoxious way. Plus they're trying make songs like they use to in the worst way possible.

Wayne need to hang w/ Chance and Tyler if he's looking for inspiration from younger ppl. He gave them his best verse. Now wavycrocket wavycrocket Wayne was cold. Him opening for blink182, :smh::smh::smh::smh::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I mentioned that. Go back and re-read my post about him being in an okay position. And him being a great collaborative artist in 2017, due to features etc. People in the industry, and on here....we’re saying he was “cold” etc, and wondering if he would take the next step. I correctly predicted he would, with the timing etc.

Along the way though, Future gave him his biggest release to that date. It’s nothing wrong with admitting future threw him a lifeline, when he didn’t have too.

This is 2017 Future...off of 2 #1 albums a week apart and mask off just a few months prior in April. In Oct, he drops a collab tape with Thug, who just came off of this

It’s why ppl in here are @‘ing my guy lamekilla lamekilla ....because the talk was Thug wasn’t ascending to the “next level” he predicted at that point. Then Super Slimey hit. That was like a resurgance for him in a lil sense. Thug benefited from that, and it’s OKAY!

Future benefited from Drake. It’s how it works. Its okay lol.

Less than a year does not determine if you're cold. You're being ridiculous.

Less than a year does not determine if you're cold. You're being ridiculous.

I think you need to go in the Young Thug thread, and re-read what the discussion was at the time. “Cold” probably a tough word. But the talk was there for sure. And it was from 16-18.

Thug came out in ‘13, and his debut was 2019. There was a lot of questions then. You weren’t there. And that’s okay. Read and comprehend. Again, in real time...I was saying Thug is fine. Just go in the thread. These were the convos.

300 is a joke.

How y'all got investments from Silicon Valley but Thug isn't marketed correctly online?

It's a bunch of old industry dudes trying to act like they know anything about the next generation.

I got respect for what Lyor did early in his career but that was precisely because it was his time.

It's not his time anymore. If any of these record industry dinosaurs were smart, they would hire a ***** around Thug age with a skill set and ambition to manage his career.

Thug is an artist of the now and the future, you need somebody from his generation to help present his work to the world properly.
In the word of the Joe Budden Podcast, Is it over for Sex?

Back
Top Bottom