Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Flamerz Flow
1622587686213.png
1622587691432.png

“redundant” as hell???.... just like Future, Gucci, Wayne.... and everyone else?

Ya’ll boys kill me with that. All these cats y’all listen to is one dimensional

Good or bad , Wayne has tried every sub genre of rap . can’t call him redundant

Currensy just makes “weed rap” (laid back rap) and that’s cool. He definitely has a signature sound and content .

So that's 11 years of good-great music, multiple projects a year. :lol:

Don't confuse impact/popularity with quality.

We really wanna go down the "redundant" road? You sure? :lol:

Redundant isn’t necessarily a bad thing to me, and it doesn’t take away from highs or good music. And I’d say Spitta’s musical peak was 09-16. Been running a same race since then. And that’s ok.

Some of Wayne’s best projects was when he wasn’t as popular as he became. Good music, is good music.

You just don’t **** with Wayne :lol:. Spitta don’t got a better catalog. He’s made better music for the past decade tho. That’s undeniable. They do different things. They had different timelines.

Would you say….Future, has a better catalog than Nas? :nerd:

The Spitta yall like now, blew in 09 :lol:.

The wayne you like, copied a lotttttt from spitta. Gillie do all that back and forth, it’s really Currensy who wayne copied a lot from...

Currensy even got wayne fashion right. Currensy the one who got Wayne into that skateboarding and BMX lifestyle.

How you go from gangster to skateboarder. That’s backwards as hell

Good or bad , Wayne has tried every sub genre of rap . can’t call him redundant

Currensy just makes “weed rap” (laid back rap) and that’s cool. He definitely has a signature sound and content .

every sub genre? Rap is RAP! That rockstar, sing songy s*** is not rap. That false banging and claiming is not rap.

Currensy only is a weed rapper? That’s how I know you don’t listen to him. Weed ain’t his only subject matter :lol: :lol: :lol:

The wayne you like, copied a lotttttt from spitta. Gillie do all that back and forth, it’s really Currensy who wayne copied a lot from...

Currensy even got wayne fashion right. Currensy the one who got Wayne into that skateboarding and BMX lifestyle.

How you go from gangster to skateboarder. That’s backwards as hell

I don’t care nun bout that. That’s what crews do. You don’t gotta tell me about Spitta, I was bumping in real time. I know :lol:. Good music is good music. Wayne made good music for a long time, before he became washed. He had a lot of influences around him along the way.

Great rappers keep good crews around them. Sharpen their skills. See Hov.

Redundant isn’t necessarily a bad thing to me, and it doesn’t take away from highs or good music. And I’d say Spitta’s musical peak was 09-16. Been running a same race since then. And that’s ok.

Some of Wayne’s best projects was when he wasn’t as popular as he became. Good music, is good music.

You just don’t **** with Wayne :lol:. Spitta don’t got a better catalog. He’s made better music for the past decade tho. That’s undeniable. They do different things. They had different timelines.

Would you say….Future, has a better catalog than Nas? :nerd:

I did **** with Wayne, I bought Tha Block Is Hot. :lol:

Bumped Carter 1 and 2 a lot. l just knew what he was, never thought he was this "best rapper alive" "goat level" rapper.

Curren$y is the indy version of kanye west. Bruh NEVER tried to act gangster or be a poser. It was hardddd for a dude to break like him in the late 90s, to early 2000s until Kanye broke the mold.

Curren$y was a sneaker, bmx, pop culture, car junkie off rip. The n_ makes good music. Point blank.

Wayne was trying to hold that boy back. It ain’t no secret that BOTH Currensy and Wayne was huge after 07 on the mainstream circuit (currensy) and commercial circuit (wayne).

Soulja boy gets credit for leveraging the Internet and really becoming the first internet rapper but currensy was right there.

Currensy was also the first to brand himself with jetlife and clothing. His Diamond supply collaboration was in 2008/2009. He was the forefather of that s***

no limit/sqad/young money Spitta was also good but wave gone wave...

Im well aware of these. Bruh you don’t read. I swear :lol:

Spitta caught is peak and took off as a solo artist in 09. That’s undeniable. He found his lane then…and been cruising and getting to it since then.

Hell of a career.

Curren$y is the indy version of kanye west. Bruh NEVER tried to act gangster or be a poser.

Except he did tho….but realized it wasn’t him. This how I know, YOU don’t know :lol:.

Spitta even touched on this in an interview recently.

Curren$y definitely tried the hard **** when first came out with no limit. He realized that **** wasn't him later on and started doing **** more authentic to himself, for the most part

Exactly.

Im well aware of these. Bruh you don’t read. I swear :lol:

Spitta caught is peak and took off as a solo artist in 09. That’s undeniable. He found his lane then…and been cruising and getting to it since then.

Hell of a career.

I ain’t everrrrrrr heard you call future, wayne, or Gucci redundant. Call me a liar....

I don’t care nun bout that. That’s what crews do. You don’t gotta tell me about Spitta, I was bumping in real time. I know :lol:. Good music is good music. Wayne made good music for a long time, before he became washed. He had a lot of influences around him along the way.

Great rappers keep good crews around them. Sharpen their skills. See Hov.

Wayne made good music from 97-2009. 12 years....

Currensy made good music from at minimum 2005 - present....

2005 - 2021 is 16 years. He been more consistent than wayne. You won’t admit though.

Wayne been mediocre, if not terrible for 10 whole years.

Curren$y definitely tried the hard **** when first came out with no limit. He realized that **** wasn't him later on and started doing **** more authentic to himself, for the most part

That’s my point. That was all master P doing. He forced Currensy into that lane. i’m welll aware of early 2000s, no limit Currensy

Back
Top Bottom