Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Wayne made good music from 97-2009. 12 years....

Currensy made good music from at minimum 2005 - present....

2005 - 2021 is 16 years. He been more consistent than wayne. You won’t admit though.

Wayne been mediocre, if not terrible for 10 whole years.

You moving the goalposts again. Give me your currency’s projects from 2005. 2006. 2007? I’ll wait :lol:

Again, they do completely different things. Both of them dudes, have outstanding longevity in the rap game and operate on different levels. With a high degree of success. Wayne has a better, broader catalog and is a more popular rapper.

Currensy has been consistent for longer, and is much more grounded and has a dope lane. And can move how he wants at anytime. That’s major.

Im not here to argue who’s better or anything. Both them dudes old **** will get play from me, depending on my mood. And it’s great I can bump old **** with them on the same tapes.

It’s a testament to the talent of New Orleans…and what those guys are capabale of.

Stick to the damn convo.

You moving the goalposts again. Give me your currency’s projects from 2005. 2006. 2007? I’ll wait :lol:

Again, they do completely different things. Both of them dudes, have outstanding longevity in the rap game and operate on different levels. With a high degree of success. Wayne has a better, broader catalog and is a more popular rapper.

Currensy has been consistent for longer, and is much more grounded and has a dope lane. And can move how he wants at anytime. That’s major.

Im not here to argue who’s better or anything. Both them dudes old **** will get play from me, depending on my mood. And it’s great I can bump old **** with them on the same tapes.

It’s a testament to the talent of New Orleans…and what those guys are capabale of.

Stick to the damn convo.

Currensy verses on allll the young money/sqad mixtapes from 2005-2006 were good. I just posted numerous songs he was featured on in 2005/2006. “Higher than 30,000 feet” “fast times at ridgemont” came out in 2008....

There you go

I never said Curren$y was more popular than wayne.... you called Curren$y redundant and I called your favorite rapper(s) redundant... that’s it. We not debating popularity.

We debating CONTENT and craft.

future and wayne are as redundant as it gets

By 2009, curren$y was headlining all those warehouse/small venue shows.

I saw him and Dom Kennedy down in Miami, in the Wynwood area, before wynwood was even a big hipster destination. Like I said, 2009...

Currensy verses on allll the young money/sqad mixtapes from 2005-2006 were good. I just posted numerous songs he was featured on in 2005/2006. “Higher than 30,000 feet” “fast times at ridgemont” came out in 2008....

There you go
I never said Curren$y was more popular than wayne.... you called Curren$y redundant and I called your favorite rapper(s) redundant... that’s it. We not debating popularity.

We debating CONTENT and craft.

future and wayne are as redundant as it gets

You’re not reading or comprehending the convo. So I’ll simply just end it.

The OG convo was Spitta has a better Catalog than Wayne. I disagree. Longevity/Quanitt/Consistency doesn’t always = a better catalog.

Again, Im well aware of currensy on all those old tapes. You’re not telling or showing me anything new. Spitta didn’t have a tape in 05, 06, or 07 like you claimed. First one popped in 08. And he blew in 09. That’s the convo. He on a diff timeline.

Currensy can be redundant. He’s still one of my favorite rappers. A lot of my favorite rappers can be redundant too. I don’t care. Good music = good music.

/end

His delivery and passion ridiculous!!

I still aint seen a harder vid since this

y'all already know how i feel. :pimp:
See This is probably my favorite track next to One of Them Nights and Politics

"20 to lawyer, 50 to witness
judge hit the gavel so i'm free and it's official
D.A. say before I die I promise imma getcha"

dude just couldn't stay out of jail, every time he get a little steam going he gets locked

Last edited:
Drive-In Theatre was the last Spitta project that was high quality (Fetti was tight too).

Spitta and Wiz kinda the same to me, I always liked Spitta more but they put out cool projects fans can pick songs out of. Wiz audience still bigger than Spitta's

Prince talking about “real n_ need to come to arms”... these dudes more concerned about buying their next purse, they DGAF about a code. Ain’t no real n_ left. Just live life

This hasn’t been the case since 2010, and even that’s overstated. If The Gremlin was white, he’d be non-rock Machine Gun Kelly.
Him being better since 2010 not the end all be all though. Y’all be gassing Weezy “fall off” too I really don’t know if that’s even true that currensy been better.

Him being better since 2010 not the end all be all though. Y’all be gassing Weezy “fall off” too I really don’t know if that’s even true that currensy been better.

post all the good to great wayne songs (no jacking for beats). Original songs only from the past 10 years

Last edited:

Rocko melody game ELITE :pimp:

Don't need to be another rendition after this

I'm getting old I guess cause I'm cool on the disrespect

**** just don't feel right

From the name dropping to mocking son's killing drinking the ginger ale in the bodega

It's really just too much

“I think my navel fell off, I think my navel fell off, all I need is my guitar, ah I knee eh mah utar......”
Joint 5minutes long, he might have spit 10bars.
The rest is him saying “Running Running” “All I need is my guitar” and “I think my navel fell off”

Back
Top Bottom