Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Saddest part of all this is the main point Lupe brought up being skipped during the debate that started all of this. It's not really possible to get concrete rankings because alot of guys won't put themselves in positions where they might look inferior to their contemporaries or they won't truthfully admit they're not better than someone.

**** wasn't even supposed to be a battle, this is all Mickey Factz and Murda Mooks fault. Lux and Smack deserve some blame too

I mean having listened to the Lupe diss and the Royce diss...hats off to both men. Both were really well done. But Lu rode the "you aren't relevant" a lot. Royce differentiated a lot of the disses. But the fact that Lu made a whole diss song without actually dropping Eminem's name is impressive :lol:
Both tracks are better then any diss track that has come out in forever.

I used to say Lupe might be the greatest rapper of all time because he’s technically and skillfully one of the best yet he can and has made all type of rap records. Commercial, street, thought provoking and so on. Someone credible recently told me that Lupe definitely had writers on his Lasers album. **** was disappointing.
Every major artist has gotten help with their albums. If you want to write off Lupe for having writers on his album you can, but he has an argument for being the greatest lyricist ever.

SLR 3.5 :pimp:

I mean having listened to the Lupe diss and the Royce diss...hats off to both men. Both were really well done. But Lu rode the "you aren't relevant" a lot. Royce differentiated a lot of the disses. But the fact that Lu made a whole diss song without actually dropping Eminem's name is impressive :lol:
Both tracks are better then any diss track that has come out in forever.

I took it more as Lupe saying "I can do everything you do plus I've had commercial success. We aren't the same".

dudes like bluebucksclan, Mozzy, Rio Da Yung God, Peezy, Jay Worthy, OMB Peezy, Kodak, G Herbo, etc make farrrrrrrr better music than them NY Drill cats and a lot of other regional artists.

It ain’t a matter of AGE or dudes being old. The s**** ain’t even better than the contemporaries.

It ain’t got nothing to do with age

Spoken like a true old head. :lol: We just went over this with y'all sleeping on Moneybagg back when.
****** be missing out on good music cause of this mindset.
You a old ***** stuck in the past so I understand it for you, but to say zero good artist is crazy.
Pop, Sheff G, Sleepy, Coach, KayFlock, etc. Young ****** out here eating. Support your city.

Man I’m in my 20’s and none of that **** is anything special :lol: It be some cool songs here and there but you could really insert any young dude who got the slang, image and 20 ****** wit blicks behind him and the beats do all the heavy lifting.

Pop was the one outta that whole wave because he could do more than those type of songs…

Would love to hear Keef hop on the NY drill beats just to see what it would sound like.

It must suck to be 35+ and anytime u call sum trash ****** just turn you into the outta touch old head :lol: :smh:

Man I’m in my 20’s and none of that **** is anything special :lol: It be some cool songs here and there but you could really insert any young dude who got the slang, image and 20 ****** wit blicks behind him and the beats do all the heavy lifting.

Pop was the one outta that whole wave because he could do more than those type of songs…

Would love to hear Keef hop on the NY drill beats just to see what it would sound like.

You can say this about the majority of music posted in here.
The bottom line is that there's clearly a lane for it, and guys that have never given it a chance literally hear one song or see one person and automatically write it off.
If you don't like it, it's probably not for you, but that doesn't make it trash.

& Hahahaha Hahahaha is an old head. ***** ain't liked an album since he was wearing 2X Enyce fits.
This was the last album he bought and liked. :lol:
B0009IQLOC.jpg

It must suck to be 35+ and anytime u call sum trash ****** just turn you into the outta touch old head :lol: :smh:
Be quiet hater

“image” ? N_ with young a**** t shirts, overly tight jeans, dingy sagged draws, a purse and potentially colored hair? What exactly is that image supposed to portray? That’s the gangster look?

speaking of the G-code. What’s the supposed “g-code/gangster” look nowadays? Let’s have a dialogue. What’s the tough/intimidating rap-look, currently?

“image” ? N_ with young a**** t shirts, overly tight jeans, dingy sagged draws, a purse and potentially colored hair? What exactly is that image supposed to portray? That’s the gangster look?

speaking of the G-code. What’s the supposed “g-code/gangster” look nowadays? Let’s have a dialogue. What’s the tough/intimidating rap-look, currently?

bruh you fr need a podcast you will find anything to argue about :rofl:

you know exactly what the young ***** rapper “image” is nowadays :lol: ***** you just described it :lol:

& Hahahaha Hahahaha is an old head. ***** ain't liked an album since he was wearing 2X Enyce fits.
This was the last album he bought and liked. :lol:
B0009IQLOC.jpg

I didn’t buy those albums but I know your country *** did.

This was a wild time though. Released two albums on the same day. I think that was the first time it happened. Pretty dope he did that.

Last CDs I bought was a month ago.

A1445E7D-87A9-4E81-BF10-CADECCD86AD3.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom