Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Elton John ain't random. He's one of the most famous ppl in the worldd, probably the most famous gay person in world.

but what in the hell does he have to do with DaBaby :lol: even if DaBaby went on a rant calling folks diseased bundles of sticks why is Elton John chiming in of all people :lol:

but what in the hell does he have to do with DaBaby :lol: even if DaBaby went on a rant calling folks diseased bundles of sticks why is Elton John chiming in of all people :lol:

He's the most prominent living gay person in music history

He's the most prominent living gay person in music history

….that’s beautiful man. :lol:

Why the **** does he care about what DaBaby says to make slideshows about it :lol: Is he gonna retroactively make a PR statement about Sippin On Some Sizzurp Intro?

I guess what I’m asking is why are all these white people who have never interacted with rap like that before (I’m aware Elton has worked with Eminem and Thug) all of a sudden making statements about this **** :lol:

DaBaby crossed over into the pop lane, which is part of the reason you have all of these white folks commenting on what he said. If it was just some semi-popular trap rapper, Elton John wouldn’t be commenting on it.

When you take that pop money, you take the criticism that comes along with it. Also, his comments were just wild random and unnecessary. Im still confused on what made him say that.

….that’s beautiful man. :lol:

Why the **** does he care about what DaBaby says to make slideshows about it :lol: Is he gonna retroactively make a PR statement about Sippin On Some Sizzurp Intro?

I guess what I’m asking is why are all these white people who have never interacted with rap like that before (I’m aware Elton has worked with Eminem and Thug) all of a sudden making statements about this **** :lol:

Christ man this reads like a parody

I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about here

[/QUOTE]
Saying Kanye was never looked at as one of the top lyricists in the game is revisionist history :lol:

He was NEVER looked at as an elite lyricist. :lol: :lol: Even in 2004-2009 standards.

Why you think Jay-Z wanted bruh to strictly focus on beats? The thought his rapping was awful

Christ man this reads like a parody

I honestly don't think you know what you're talking about here

I felt the same way when I saw Demi Lovato Elton John and Dua Lipa making PR statements defending the honor of sucking **** in rap festival parking lots

:lol: they got interns writing statements over some **** DaBaby ad libbed at a concert in a matter of seconds

Lemme get on my finessence finessence real quick and also ask where do this outrage be the other 90% of the time when rappers talk about robbing killing and contributing to black violence but let it be some LGBT **** they shutting that whole **** down :lol: FOH stay over there…let Lil Nas X or whoever in the culture thats gay make those statements.

Low quality clothing brand

Man….I was going to Cancun last fall. And last minute, wanted a salmon color vacation shirt to go with this fit I had, that would’ve been slick if executed correctly (chill on me 🤦🏾‍♂️) :lol:.

Nothing at that time had quick shipping (thanks to that clown Postmaster General, Louis Dejoy…who intentionally f’d up the mailing system to try to help trump win the re-election)…so my only choice was boohooman after searching rigorously. I found one dumb *** shirt for like $30 or maybe even less. Copped it…and it came in just in time before I left.

When I say that was the worst quality shirt I ever received…I’m not even lying. Joint was terrible. I literally threw that ***** in my closet and left it there. Looked like something from the movie birdcage. All bad. Didn’t even bother to return it :lol:. It’s somewhere in here. Imma just donate it or something. **** was TRASH. Never again.

I feel like the music industry didn't count itunes sales in the late 00's/early 10's b/c it was usually hip hop acts breaking the itunes records at the time. mbdtf & wtt realistically sold 700k+ 1st week, tha carter 4 did a milli+ 1st week, etc. An album in itunes was the same amount in store. Billboard let Gaga rock & acted like she did a milli 1st week all in while she was selling her album for 99 cents. Wayne sold some units short of million physicals & THEN broke some digital downloads records that week w/ something like 320-340k. Racism. Yeah, how do u update wikipedia? I'm correcting that ****.

DaBaby crossed over into the pop lane, which is part of the reason you have all of these white folks commenting on what he said. If it was just some semi-popular trap rapper, Elton John wouldn’t be commenting on it.

When you take that pop money, you take the criticism that comes along with it. Also, his comments were just wild random and unnecessary. Im still confused on what made him say that.

I think even in the late 90s and early 00s those comments would’ve been weird and meant with silence :lol:

Back
Top Bottom