Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I felt the same way when I saw Demi Lovato Elton John and Dua Lipa making PR statements defending the honor of sucking **** in rap festival parking lots

:lol: they got interns writing statements over some **** DaBaby ad libbed at a concert in a matter of seconds

You can't be this dense, I refuse to believe it. Just stick to posting links please, for all of our sake.

He was NEVER looked at as an elite lyricist. :lol: :lol: Even in 2004-2009 standards.

Why you think Jay-Z wanted bruh to strictly focus on beats? The thought his rapping was awful

After I got my advance, I just wanted to shine
Jay favorite line: "Dawg, in due time!"
Now he look at me, like: "Damn, dawg! You where I am!"

at least from LR - MBDTF excluding 808s Ye was in that “big 3” or whatever convo next to Wayne, 50, Em, TIP, etc.

In no era was putting a lighter up for not being a gay person with aids a good look unless it was at a Klan rally :lol:

Is automatically equating “sucking **** in parking lots and having AIDS” to being gay (like everyone reacting to this is doing) not homophobic? :lol:

I feel like the music industry didn't count itunes sales in the late 00's/early 10's b/c it was usually hip hop acts breaking the itunes records at the time. mbdtf & wtt realistically sold 700k+ 1st week, tha carter 4 did a milli+ 1st week, etc. An album in itunes was the same amount in store. Billboard let Gaga rock & acted like she did a milli 1st week all in while she was selling her album for 99 cents. Wayne sold some units short of million physicals & THEN broke some digital downloads records that week w/ something like 320-340k. Racism. Yeah, how do u update wikipedia? I'm correcting that ****.

They didn’t get it right until 2016. It’s a reason why “One Dance” was Drake’s first #1.

The top 40 **** was hella racist. Eminem and a lot of white rappers dominated tho. Pure racism. I think I’ve talked about this a couple times every year on this.

Pretty much. But this BEEN going on. Eminem had access to actual pop and top 40 charts that black rappers didn’t.

I been talking about this on NT for a minute...but the charts been ***** on Black artists from the hip hop space until fairy recently. Streaming actually helped a bit for hip hop and charting. But even so, NF, G-Eazy, Post Malone, Macklemore, etc etc were and are getting actual placements on Pop radio. There was a time circa 2010-2015 when even Drake wasn’t get that look. Which is crazy.

He was NEVER looked at as an elite lyricist. :lol: :lol: Even in 2004-2009 standards.

Why you think Jay-Z wanted bruh to strictly focus on beats? The thought his rapping was awful

and even college drop out was a big improvement.

I remember when that old song he did was posted. People finally saw why Jay didn't think he was a rapper.

and someone having to write your lyrics or help you, I could see why Jay didn't think he had it

Last edited:
Man….I was going to Cancun last fall. And last minute, wanted a salmon color vacation shirt to go with this fit I had, that would’ve been slick if executed correctly (chill on me 🤦🏾‍♂️) :lol:.

Nothing at that time had quick shipping (thanks to that clown Postmaster General, Louis Dejoy…who intentionally f’d up the mailing system to try to help trump win the re-election)…so my only choice was boohooman after searching rigorously. I found one dumb *** shirt for like $30 or maybe even less. Copped it…and it came in just in time before I left.

When I say that was the worst quality shirt I ever received…I’m not even lying. Joint was terrible. I literally threw that ***** in my closet and left it there. Looked like something from the movie birdcage. All bad. Didn’t even bother to return it :lol:. It’s somewhere in here. Imma just donate it or something. **** was TRASH. Never again.
I copped a pea coat from there. Not only did it feel like sandpaper, after one or two wears the **** had a hole in it. Now I’m out here with a distressed pea coat. **** is trash. The lowest I can go in that demo is Zara. And their quality is iffy at times.

Trump’s American still refuses to give my people their reparations though.....

I wish the public had this type of energy when it came to give black Americans their just due money. But again, they refuse to pay us our reparations

Last edited:
So this is obviously the hot line bling sample but was it also used on Pink and Blue by 3 stacks?
Screenshot_20210728-124633_Apple Music.jpg

For what it's worth, I'm in the minority here that thinks Da Baby can rap.
But he's a ****ing idiot and I can't understand the mental gymnastics I'm seeing here :lol:

Same **** with Kodak for me, though I think Kodak is way more talented.

His music is cheesy AF man. His whole persona for that matter.

You're right, Da Baby was supporting dudes that blow each other and share aids in support of the LGBQT community and we all read it wrong.

it don’t gotta be support either :lol: just not homophobia to use parking lot **** sucking as a negative adjective….is calling someone a “**** rider” homophobia too?

but I guess that’s hip hop in 2021 :lol:

Is automatically equating “sucking **** in parking lots and having AIDS” to being gay (like everyone reacting to this is doing) not homophobic? :lol:

fam he said “to MY FELLAS , who not sucking **** in the parking lot , put your lights up”

I could be wrong but that’s like the definition of gay…. We not equating it to being gay 😂😂😂…. Which makes it homophobic lol .

Back
Top Bottom