Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I got chills watching Jada go off like he did. That was special. True definition of what a MC is.
The showmanship, the stage presence, the crowd control, the BARS, the delivery.
If anyone ever ask what the difference is between a rapper and a MC.. Jada showed you.

Feel the same. Also have to take into consideration the styles of both crews. Dipset had always been about being cool and fly, LOX have always been aggressive and hard, and in that type of setting, you can’t be all nonchalant and try to cool your way through a performance, especially if you’re way past your prime anyway.

Snoop do just be doing anything :lol:

***** still rapping too :lol:. Most famous rapper of all time.
lawdog1 lawdog1 made the comment in another thread and i never took it in til i read his post. Snoops timeline is crazy. Man was on trial for murder and now some 30yrs later hes the most famous rapper. Beloved stoner uncle type dude :lol: :pimp:

Snoop a global icon, man :smokin :lol:

Apparently Dogg had the UK going crazy with this commercial last year in the height of the pandemic :lol:

You go to the store, and see Snoop Dogg face on a wine bottle, and don’t even blink an eye :lol:

FAE9DB2F-46E7-40BF-9F65-42DC6DFFB0D6.jpeg

He dropped a video with the Eastsidaz like a week ago….

Joint with Mozzy some weeks back, on some gangbanging ****

And tonight…is hosting the Olympics on NBC :lol:. While having Corona commercials.

It’s effortless with him. And subconsciously , we don’t even realize how embedded he is into general culture. Globally too.

lawdog1 lawdog1 made the comment in another thread and i never took it in til i read his post. Snoops timeline is crazy. Man was on trial for murder and now some 30yrs later hes the most famous rapper. Beloved stoner uncle type dude :lol: :pimp:

Ice T, although not as famous as Snoop, had a pretty crazy arc as well. One of the earliest “gangster” rappers, then dropped a metal song in the 90s called “Cop Killer” that freaked the right/white people out and was shunned for while because of it.

Kept a low profile for a few years, got that Law and Order Job and been on TV for 20 years now and is selling laundry detergent with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Survive, adapt and flourish.

I remember this happened in 2014 w/Quik

I knew ppl whose families came from da souf & they aint do this tho, like that was def a white ppl term if referring to anything in the pelvic area

Wow that's crazy that there's actually deep history in the verbiage. Dope article, btw. Appreciate the gem. There's a few other "cock" bars I've heard in the past that I just chalked up to be sus (definitely including that Quik song), but that Cube line was too in my ear to not ask about it anymore :lol:

This passage took me out:
"He'd never met the girl in person but recalls that his stepbrother promised she was cute. Even better, she'd seen Carmichael from afar and thought the same thing about him. So their phone call slowly meandered from the getting-to-know-you phase to clumsy high school attempts at flirtation.

Then she asked the question that stopped him in his tracks.

“Do you eat cock?”

Carmichael was confused. To the young black man, everything to that point had suggested a typical teenage heterosexual courtship — but the question threw him for a loop. “I didn't know if she was talking about mine or hers,” he remembers. “It was kind of nerve-racking.”"

Y'all should read this article. It's really good & cultural.

Who even has an argument for being a more famous rapper than Snoop?

Maybe Eminem in the early 2000s, but not now.

Who even has an argument for being a more famous rapper than Snoop?

Maybe Eminem in the early 2000s, but not now.

im assuming a lot with throwing Dre out there, but that’s assuming kids actually associate the headphones with him

then it’s like drake, kanye.. gotta throw jayz out there since he got the beyhive

Back
Top Bottom