Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Boy feeling himself now

4BC04C2B-8DCF-4A3D-B3CA-8012B09784BF.gif

I don't say how dudes can diss French's rapping ability when there's so many guys out today who can't rap.

He seems good with relationships, which is probably why he picked Drake over Meek

how? that ish came and went...only da Caucasians love that record OD.

Cuz it's his highest charting most successful song of his career and was still being used recently in movie trailers and shows like a year ago. Unless poppin means something else now.

doesn't mean it wouldve stayed or even evolved into hiphop...house music and EDM also evolved from that very same DJ...jungle brothers thought rap music was gonna play itself out and kept goin towards da House/dance music which was also birthed from da DJ...there was a time in da late 80's-early 90's it could've just gone away completely.

I don't say how dudes can diss French's rapping ability when there's so many guys out today who can't rap

yeah i don't see da problem...even during his DVD days he was always serviceable as a rapper...about da same level lyrically as 50...not a spitter, but not a mumble simpleton.

Cuz it's his highest charting most successful song of his career and was still being used recently in movie trailers and shows like a year ago. Unless poppin means something else now.

more then ruff ryder anthem? i find it hard to believe.... definitely didn't impact da way his other songs did in his key demo.

Last edited:
more then ruff ryder anthem? i find it hard to believe.... definitely didn't impact da way his other songs did in his key demo.
I think he means just on a mainstream level
I hate that party up song
And truthfully have never listened to it in its entirety until about 3-4 years ago
And was like :wow: at the verse where he going in on dudes kissing dudes :lol:
After that i respected it
And never skip it
Or change it when it comes on

Party Up was top 30 on Hot 100. Anthem didn't crack 90. The hook did it tbh, white people loved that ****.

Anthem >>>>>>>> Party Up though easily.

Just the beginning of anthem get u hype
Sucking of the teeth
Let’s me always know it’s on
Every time it comes up on shuffle
I get ready to rap along with it

Back
Top Bottom