Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I think the key point is that they were demanding exclusive license to pieces she was still exhibiting and already had big shows lined up for. Seem like she was interested but ultimately more concerned with her long term career as opposed to a quick cashout. No clue how much they were even offering but I guess she decided whatever it was wasn't enough for her to pull pieces out of upcoming shows for.

video was fire
they contacted her for permission and she declined
dave and the little homies used it anyway because it would be a dope shot
i dont see anything wrong if they were willing to compensate her but she was just being weird

cmon bro lol

say some company hit you offering something petty for full rights to one of your best beats for a commercial, you decline, so they get somebody else just to remake it and then say "I mean we tried to offer you the comp but you was being weird" :lol:

Last edited:
I think the key point is that they were demanding exclusive license to pieces she was still exhibiting and already had big shows lined up for. Seem like she was interested but ultimately more concerned with her long term career as opposed to a quick cashout. No clue how much they were even offering but I guess she decided whatever it was wasn't enough for her to pull pieces out of upcoming shows for.

cmon bro lol

say some company hit you offering something petty for full rights to one of your best beats for a commercial, you decline, so they get somebody else just to remake it and then say "I mean we tried to offer you the comp but you was being weird" :lol:

its foul but knowing the industry and that Atlantic actually does this without even offering that initial compensation (and in the few little studio sessions I’ve been in even “little” artists get producers to remake beats sent to them where they wanna tweak something or they start talking about numbers which is why I advise any beatmakers reading this to stop sending beats to people you don’t have some type of communication with) and Migos just did this on Movin too fast...

I’m taking that petty money and using the opportunity to get my name out there/add to resume because they gonna do what they gonna do anyway. You lost once they found your beat and liked it and you didnt have the clout to negotiate properly.

That being said as a creator I see why she feels slighted but the ****ed up part is with music you can sue for back end and usually win something. Since this is a music video with no real profit being made aside from YouTube money, and its a promotional tool for something Disney is backing, she pretty much has to eat the L instead of the money, credit and relationships she would have gotten if she just let them use it. Which is what I mean when I say “being weird”. The industry is cutthroat. She thought they was just gonna not use it lol (assuming she was shown how integral that clip was gonna be in the video)?

but on the bright side that article is getting her name out there and im def gonna keep up with her.

that whole video was fire visually. from the wardrobe to the graphics to SZA thicc ***.

its foul but knowing the industry and that Atlantic actually does this without even offering that initial compensation (and in the few little studio sessions I’ve been in even “little” artists get producers to remake beats sent to them where they wanna tweak something or they start talking about numbers which is why I advise any beatmakers reading this to stop sending beats to people you don’t have some type of communication with) and Migos just did this on Movin too fast...

I’m taking that petty money and using the opportunity to get my name out there/add to resume because they gonna do what they gonna do anyway. You lost once they found your beat and liked it and you didnt have the clout to negotiate properly.

That being said as a creator I see why she feels slighted but the ****ed up part is with music you can sue for back end and usually win something. Since this is a music video with no real profit being made aside from YouTube money, and its a promotional tool for something Disney is backing, she pretty much has to eat the L instead of the money, credit and relationships she would have gotten if she just let them use it. Which is what I mean when I say “being weird”. The industry is cutthroat. She thought they was just gonna not use it lol (assuming she was shown how integral that clip was gonna be in the video)?

I see they fixed it, I feel bad for the producers who didn't have proof :frown:

IMG_8623.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8623.jpg
    IMG_8623.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
Money would've been there but credits and relationships is highly debatable. You asking a studio artist to basically forego showing good *** pieces in a big show in exchange for money and it being in a music video :lol:

If we talking resumes those exhibitions are gonna a lot more important for what she tryna do than a music video

Lol I said I hate sza in an open room the other day and all the females almost jumped me :rofl:

They were also musicians/actors if that matters

Sza got the game on lock :sick:

Money would've been there but credits and relationships is highly debatable. You asking a studio artist to basically forego showing good *** pieces in a big show in exchange for money and it being in a music video :lol:

If we talking resumes those exhibitions are gonna a lot more important for what she tryna do than a music video

oh i wasnt aware that she had to not show it in exhubitions to be featured in the video

well that changes it

I see they fixed it, I feel bad for the producers who didn't have proof :frown:

IMG_8623.jpg

smh a ***** from a high school close by he like 17 (sc going crazy with producers rn :pimp:) was claiming the placement. probably told dude to loop it up and he get a check and a placement smh. quavo was credited too lol. if dude didnt have proof he would have been outta luck buck.

he deleted the tweet mentioning the song :lol: @ “thanks for everything” off a beat u had handed to you lol

son wtf is the rap game on right now?

I get theres different lanes and subgenres but all these “lil’s” really at the forefront?

Back
Top Bottom