Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Listening to Friday on Elm Street again.

A few standout tracks, but pretty underwhelming. Could have been so much better than it was hyped up to be.

Listening to Friday on Elm Street again.

A few standout tracks, but pretty underwhelming. Could have been so much better than it was hyped up to be.

Basically the Jadakiss/LOX special, half good and half a mix of ok and “what the hell is this?”. Really hope they get some proper executive producing whenever they drop something in the future.

She had a consistent string of hits from 5 albums, back-to-back, and that's not including soundtrack cuts and a compilation. She can plug and play from each one and not lose a step.

Bro, if you take 20 songs from her you aren't getting more than two songs from those other albums. Do you not understand that?

Bro, if you take 20 songs from her you aren't getting more than two songs from those other albums. Do you not understand that?

Actually, you’re approaching 30 with Janet. So, like I said, she has more than her share to choose from. People forget to factor in hits worldwide. There’s fans outside of the US who push these numbers.

Control
Nasty
Pleasure Principle
Black Cat
Alright
Escapade
Rhythm Nation
Love Will Never Do Without You
That’s The Way Loves Goes
If
Got Til It’s Gone
All for You
Miss You Much
Come Back to Me
What Have You Done For Me Lately
When I Think of You
Any Time, Any Place
Together Again
All Nite
Runaway

That’s my 20 song Janet list and she’s got a few more good ones.

Actually, you’re approaching 30 with Janet. So, like I said, she has more than her share to choose from. People forget to factor in hits worldwide. There’s fans outside of the US who push these numbers.

Have you watched a Verzuz before? What are you talking about?

Have you watched a Verzuz before? What are you talking about?

When you start talking about bigger artists, they won't always go the predictable route with their hits. Fan favorites and features can replace other smashes, just because they have too many hits to choose from.

it don't think a lot of people really understand the scope of Mariah Carey's genius. It's a real shame that much like Whitney Houston she hasn't taken great care of her voice over the years, under vastly different circumstances of course. There isn't a pop singer alive that can match Mariah Carey as a songwriter.
The audiobook of her memoir is a great listen

Back
Top Bottom