Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Producers: Mariah Carey Stevie J Puff Daddy

Who would be the best matchup with Mariah in a verzuz? Janet? Mary J? Beyonce?

Interesting question. I’d probably go Mary J since she’s closer to Mariah in terms of pure singing ability and they both have ballads and club songs.

Janet v.J Lo would be a good match up too.

It isn't, not compared to Mary, Mariah, and janet

Actually Janet is the ones who isn't that deep.

She wasn't that active, and Control, Rhythm Nation and her self titled are the main ones she can pull from. She was doing an album every three or four years.

Actually Janet is the ones who isn't that deep.

She wasn't that active, and Control, Rhythm Nation and her self titled are the main ones she can pull from. She was doing an album every three or four years.

She has 11 studio albums and 19 number 1 hits… Janet got a track record. And “Scream” went number 2.

Producers: Mariah Carey Stevie J Puff Daddy

Who would be the best matchup with Mariah in a verzuz? Janet? Mary J? Beyonce?

Mariah and Mary are more in the same generation. Beyonce and Janet are pushing it. I count Control, that's four years before Mariah.

I think all of them are bad match ups.

Mary has a different fan base, where she's beloved in the hood because she's relatable. She would be hard to beat by anyone.

Janet has that pop and hit lane. It probably would have been Whitney versus Janet.

and Mariah had hits, but never really fit in. She's not beloved according to the success she's had. You never saw her loved like Whitney or Mary. I've never met a Mariah Stan. I don't know if Mariah ever seemed relatable or sincere despite the ODB, Da Brat, Lox, maybe because of her background.

Back
Top Bottom