Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

this prolly the toughest matchup to me. As far as features go.

Now Knowing that Pac was kinda messing with Mary, and Kc feeling salty about it…but them still putting out an all time classic might be the nudge.

It’s too bad Lauryn Hill only has one solo album.
One is enough.

As far as Lil Baby, still haven't listened to a full album or mixtape(do like the song Emotionally Scarred), but he always comes through on features...doesn't disappoint.

Freestyle>On Me too.

They blackballed him after he went on 106& park and said he was better than usher..if you take away confessions ushers catalog is mid

They was beef'n :lol:

I was tryna find the video of Sisqo on 106, this all I could find

"when Sisqo dropped his second album, Sisqo went on 106 & Park stating that he thought at the time he was the best r&b vocalist/performer out right then and said that if someone wanted to step up, that they would do it with no bands, no music, straight mic and just blow.

2 months later, Usher's "8701" came out and AJ & Free asked Usher about the states made by Sisqo and Usher said "look at his sells and get back to me" a shot at Sisqo b/c it was said that the album flopped but still sold over a million copies."

I guess R. Kelly took hend to that statement too and went on the best of both worlds album and dissed him. The beef with Usher and Sisqo went deeper than that b/c before Sisqo's statement, Usher, Sisqo, Ginuwine, and Tyrese thought of making a supergroup for one album and everyone was cool with it but Usher. Usher I believe said he had better things to do then to do that."

"Usher tells Beat magazine of Australia that he has no love for Dru Hill’s Sisqo. “Sisqo was the guy who thought of the idea, but obviously in putting together a group you can’t be as selfish as that little muthafu**a was,” Usher blasted. “You can’t try to put together things and then you get so full of yourself that you lose your mind. I don’t know if the audience in Australia knows about Sisqo and how he lost his mind as an entertainer, but I think he did. I think this industry can hype you up so much that you begin to think you’re larger than you actually are – and that’s what happened. So when the guy approached me, I think the way that he approached me was wrong. It’s almost like the dude wanted to battle every R&B artist in the industry, but how can you say you wanna put together a group of R&B artists but you wanna battle and you say that you’re the illest of all time? That ain’t gonna happen, playa!”

They was beef'n :lol:

I was tryna find the video of Sisqo on 106, this all I could find

"when Sisqo dropped his second album, Sisqo went on 106 & Park stating that he thought at the time he was the best r&b vocalist/performer out right then and said that if someone wanted to step up, that they would do it with no bands, no music, straight mic and just blow.

2 months later, Usher's "8701" came out and AJ & Free asked Usher about the states made by Sisqo and Usher said "look at his sells and get back to me" a shot at Sisqo b/c it was said that the album flopped but still sold over a million copies."

I guess R. Kelly took hend to that statement too and went on the best of both worlds album and dissed him. The beef with Usher and Sisqo went deeper than that b/c before Sisqo's statement, Usher, Sisqo, Ginuwine, and Tyrese thought of making a supergroup for one album and everyone was cool with it but Usher. Usher I believe said he had better things to do then to do that."

"Usher tells Beat magazine of Australia that he has no love for Dru Hill’s Sisqo. “Sisqo was the guy who thought of the idea, but obviously in putting together a group you can’t be as selfish as that little muthafu**a was,” Usher blasted. “You can’t try to put together things and then you get so full of yourself that you lose your mind. I don’t know if the audience in Australia knows about Sisqo and how he lost his mind as an entertainer, but I think he did. I think this industry can hype you up so much that you begin to think you’re larger than you actually are – and that’s what happened. So when the guy approached me, I think the way that he approached me was wrong. It’s almost like the dude wanted to battle every R&B artist in the industry, but how can you say you wanna put together a group of R&B artists but you wanna battle and you say that you’re the illest of all time? That ain’t gonna happen, playa!”

R & Beef in the early 00s, was hilarious. Because them *****s with the leather R&B jackets, shades and glossy photo shoots were ready to throw hands over who had the better vocals lol.

Not gone hold you, i didn’t even know Sisqo had a second album let alone r&b “beef” with r Kelly and usher :lol:

What were the big songs on the second album?

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

D15DBD31-98C5-46D0-BFA6-0736CA24786D.png

34B3C622-443E-43DD-80EC-5D8E66D7AE11.png

where
Is
The
Lie?

:rofl:

Not gone hold you, i didn’t even know Sisqo had a second album let alone r&b “beef” with r Kelly and usher :lol:

What were the big songs on the second album?

Some song where in the video it looked like he was doing backflips like Guile from Street Fighter. That episode of 106 & Park where he says he was better than Usher is forever burned in my memory. Played that wack single as a New Point, and after the Usher statements you just knew that would be then end of him.

Back
Top Bottom