Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Oh the way people keep talking about his catalogue made me think he was actually making music. Him being in a Verzuz seems pointless to me unless he’s playing his music. Same goes for any of the other CEOs

That's why I said it's like Bad Boy against Death Row, Rocafella, Def Jam, So So Def instead of Puff against anyone.

Because he's getting all the attention when he's not turning knobs. He's playing other peoples music.

Oh the way people keep talking about his catalogue made me think he was actually making music. Him being in a Verzuz seems pointless to me unless he’s playing his music. Same goes for any of the other CEOs
I love Diddy but that’s my problem with this.

JD actually knows how to play instruments, and has actually created or contributed to beats on a musician level. Doubt Diddy has done that as much as JD.

F705DDB2-9876-4D79-9E29-6C532B703433.jpeg

The Job of a producer is to ensure that the record comes out it's best, If i give you an idea for a song, arrangement of the song, features to put on, whether to change lyrics etc etc...... then you have a huge impact on the record & Puff has done that better than arguably anyone in the generation.

We constantly get on here & talk about how some albums would be better if they had better arrangement, songs left off/added. All of this counts in the outcome of records especially full projects. This ain't like some random suit just signing off on things, listen to ALL the artist over years who worked with puff & the caliber of those artist & see how they talk about puff's contribution.

He 1000% deserves a Verzuz

The Job of a producer is to ensure that the record comes out it's best, If i give you an idea for a song, arrangement of the song, features to put on, whether to change lyrics etc etc...... then you have a huge impact on the record & Puff has done that better than arguably anyone in the generation.

We constantly get on here & talk about how some albums would be better if they had better arrangement, songs left off/added. All of this counts in the outcome of records especially full projects. This ain't like some random suit just signing off on things, listen to ALL the artist over years who worked with puff & the caliber of those artist & see how they talk about puff's contribution.

He 1000% deserves a Verzuz

No he doesn't.

so can Dame be in a Verzuz? Nobody would say he's a producer.

Puff wasn't doing it on Kanye or Dre's level even if they didn't do every sound on the song.

No he doesn't.

so can Dame be in a Verzuz? Nobody would say he's a producer.

Puff wasn't doing it on Kanye or Dre's level even if they didn't do every sound on the song.

Dame & Puff do two completely different things man. And Dre & Kanye are two of the greatest producers in music history, him not being as technical as those two doesn't mean he isn't a producer & quite honestly i'm not arguing this anymore when all the genius talent calls puff genius for producing records :lol:

JD can't be busy calling a ***** out to a Verzuz battle while simultaneously trying to discredit him as a producer. clearly he views him in that light if that's the person he's calling out.

Dame & Puff do two completely different things man. And Dre & Kanye are two of the greatest producers in music history, him not being as technical as those two doesn't mean he isn't a producer & quite honestly i'm not arguing this anymore when all the genius talent calls puff genius for producing records :lol:

JD can't be busy calling a ***** out to a Verzuz battle while simultaneously trying to discredit him as a producer. clearly he views him in that light if that's the person he's calling out.

How are Dame and Puff different?

Dame was in studio sessions approving, giving suggestions and signing rappers and producers

Puff is just a master marketer.

Steve Rifkin was also involved in the recording process and giving input for Loud artist and the music they put out. Who is giving him credit?

Puff became the forefront of everything at his label and gladly took credit for it and he's still profiting off it 25 years later.

Dude should not be mentioned with JD, Dre, Kanye, RZA....

Yeah not rolling with Puff being a producer , he’s a label head and Executive producer . It could be Bad Boy versus whichever level but it’s not fair for him to be playing records he just arranged.

For example, I believe he did all of Hovs American gangster , but no way he should be able to play anything off that in a producers verzuz lol

Aite man you got it, i'm not doing this in the AM. Ya'll know better than 30 years of the top artist in the world

Look at you. Mad at dudes bringing facts into the argument. Jermaine has produced. Done the same s*** and more (as far as music)Mans was touring with Whodini as a kid.

Jermaine Dupri and Gladys Night built ATLANTA MUSIC!!

Puff is the Jerry Jones of rap. Living off BIG glory, same way Jerry Jones living off them early 90s super bowls.

Puff don’t even make real money from music anymore. He hasn’t in decades. This half of his empire strictly based off Sean John and Ciroc.

JERRAL JONES COMBS!!!

Shouldn't be mentioned with JD yet JD is calling him out for a producers Verzuz ................. NT is forever gonna NT

Puff is just a master marketer.

Steve Rifkin was also involved in the recording process and giving input for Loud artist and the music they put out. Who is giving him credit?

Puff became the forefront of everything at his label and gladly took credit for it and he's still profiting off it 25 years later.

Dude should not be mentioned with JD, Dre, Kanye, RZA....
This is producing. Yes P's hands are on the board, but Puff's impact is providing a specific direction. This is producing. Puff's albums flow like a stereotypical producer. They both was in there listening & tweaking the same 4 seconds for like 5hrs. The beat sounds just like Diddy :lol:

Without Jermaine, Glady’s Night and mfers like Otis Redding, Ray Charles or Little Richard, Georgia wouldn’t be this huge music hub.

Jermaine helped build Atlanta into this s****. Without him, a lot of the stuff you currently see never would’ve materialized.

Bruh constantly gets disrespected. Steve Stout? N_ EAD. Puff hit you upside the head with a grey goose bottle. Dudes be clowns.

steve stout “get gunned up and clapped QUICK!!!”

Back
Top Bottom