Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

he on rotation on hot 97, at this point there's no way you haven't tuned in by mistake. or watched YouTube videos and gotten his video randomly added in a nix.
I live in Cali
No hot 97
Only listen to radio sparingly
And when I do
It’s satellite
Only listen when I’m driving to and from work
Which is at the most an hour combined each day
And I actually listen to either podcasts
Or my own music
Cause even sattilite has gotten trash
Can’t stand shady or hip hop nation
Prefer to listen to that fly station which be 90’s and early 2000’s rap and r&b
And YouTube channels I watch
are usually just about cars
And conspiracy stuff
Don’t watch music videos like that anymore
Don’t watch mtvjams
So nah never heard his music

Gotta get this off my chest:

I **** with Nipsey as a person and businessman. Respect him a lot, but I can't **** with his music, man.
His raps are boring and predictable. Its like everything I hate about Jay-Z but over west coast production.

I feel the same. He doesn't stand out as a rapper. Back to what I said a while ago, usually the more authentic a rapper is as a street dude, the more of a pass they get. Not saying he's wack, he's just ok.

I don't think that's unpopular. He's the only one who doesn't have a career defining stand-up special

Kevin Hart aint no legend.

Chris Tucker is pretty much Rush Hour and Friday. In the past 25 years, that's it.

The only thing I ever found funny about him was his voice. And when he stopped being 125 pounds and in his 20's that went away for me.

Did Takashi get beat up in LA?

Cali gets that

giphy.gif

Gotta get this off my chest:

I **** with Nipsey as a person and businessman. Respect him a lot, but I can't **** with his music, man.
His raps are boring and predictable. Its like everything I hate about Jay-Z but over west coast production.

Musically you don't like jay-z and nipsey hustle for the same reasons? You think their music compares or is kind of similar?

Chris Tucker is pretty much Rush Hour and Friday. In the past 25 years, that's it.

The only thing I ever found funny about him was his voice. And when he stopped being 125 pounds and in his 20's that went away for me.
Kevin Hart aint no legend. I ain't say Tucker was.

Dead presidents

lowkey wish i was like high school/college age during the prime of the snap/crunk era i know those parties were so lit. most i could experience was the tail end of it seeing a sea of *****s crank that soulja boy @ middle school dances lol

:lol: there was an urban legend that someone broke their neck tryna poole palace “lean wit it rock wit it” that **** looks like a dave chappelle skit in my head

im at work leaning and rockin :lol: ....Parties/clubs was def lit :pimp: ...ppl was dancin and bishes was bussin it instead of standing round just lookin cute

Guaranteed fights and shootings back then too tho :lol: ...we aint go out unless we was at least 10 deep

Chris Tucker was the STAR of Def Comedy Jam... his stand up is what catapulted him into Friday. He was the youngest in charge during that era. He was like 23 years old during Friday. Bruh was a comedic prodigy. Stop re-writing history...

Dead Presidents, Money Talks, 5th Element, Jackie Brown.

He’s the Barry Sanders/Gale Sayers of comedy.

Kevin Hart is the Lil Wayne of Comedy right now.
Oversaturation don’t mean your good... it just means you like to be on the scene all the time.

Like them ho’s who be in the club every weekend

Chris Tucker was the STAR of Def Comedy Jam... his stand up is what catapulted him into Friday. He was the youngest in charge during that era. He was like 23 years old during Friday. Bruh was a comedic prodigy. Stop re-writing history...

Dead Presidents, Money Talks, 5th Element, Jackie Brown.

He’s the Barry Sanders/Gale Sayers of comedy.

Kevin Hart is the Lil Wayne of Comedy right now.
Oversaturation don’t mean your good... it just means you like to be on the scene all the time.

Like them ho’s who be in the club every weekend

Then why is his career so dead?

and he was funny on Def Comedy Jam because of his voice and antics, not his jokes.

im at work leaning and rockin :lol: ....Parties/clubs was def lit :pimp: ...ppl was dancin and bishes was bussin it instead of standing round just lookin cute

Guaranteed fights and shootings back then too tho :lol: ...we aint go out unless we was at least 10 deep

thats surreal to imagine because i can go out dolo or with 4 or less people and no one will come to me on ******** if you dont look for it for the most part.

daylyt was aaying this in that video a few pages ago. said “****** dont dance we just pull up our pants” line was od real.

and he was funny on Def Comedy Jam because of his voice and antics, not his jokes.

didnt he turn hardcore Christian which obvious deads a lot of roles in the urban comedy lane.

Not to mention the type of movie he’d flourish in (urban comedies) is all but dead.

His career played out how it did 100% because of his lack of motivation to do roles that he really wasn't interested in. That **** increased ten fold once he actually broke out.

That stinginess and reluctance to do just anything prolly played a big part in him becoming the highest paid actor in Hollywood for a lil bit. After the success of Rush Hour, he held out for 20 million for RH2. Once he got that he basically just turned down **** left and right for the next 5 years.

Came back around and got that 25 million bag for Rush Hour 3 and then turned down **** left and right again for another 5-6 years to just tour, etc. That Silver Linings Playbook script got floated around and he actually approached them to do the movie so that broke his hiatus.

Kevin Hart is like the stark opposite of this, bruh seemingly turns down no role :lol:

Back
Top Bottom