Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Facts

Kanye isn’t even banned from the Grammys :lol:. It’s all a stunt.

But the Grammys BEEN phony. But *****s was dickriding, when GOOD was calling themselves “the Grammy family” and acting all elitist. Skipping out on ALL the Black awards that honored them. To the point it became obsolete and a joke.

I watched it in real time. All this is nonsense.

Idk man to be fair

Idk man to be fair

I’m moreso talking about the WTT era, and everything after that. So from 2010/2011ish til present day. Most of what you posted is 06-09ish.

Award shows of course were falling off…but they for sure made a priority and held the Grammys and those other major pop awards as the upmost validation, and made sure to be always there for those.

A shift happened in real time. People talked about it then. This is on the heels of the industry shunning the black award shows because of a couple skirmishes etc.

Your post was the exact opposite of this response.

You said dudes post trash and then praised one video.

Stuff I don't like I just scroll past. It's pretty simple.

or you could post your own stuff :rolleyes

I do scroll past that's why I hardly post in here because all the stuff posted is not good to me.

If I post what I like then I'll be called a boom bap old head

Still trash...

I do scroll past that's why I hardly post in here because all the stuff posted is not good to me.

If I post what I like then I'll be called a boom bap old head

Still trash...
To be fair I feel the exact same way, scroll past a ton of garbage and rarely press play on most vids.

Aint elitism its just most of this **** is whack to me.

Last edited:
I’m moreso talking about the WTT era, and everything after that. So from 2010/2011ish til present day. Most of what you posted is 06-09ish.
That's called goalpost moving :lol:
For what it's worth BET as a whole just stopped putting money into their award shows, nobody was showing unless they performed or was getting an award (i.e. Nicki, Drake, Jay)

Jay & Ye both been ****ting on the Grammys for years but nobody said nothing when Jay showed up last year

Last edited:

Award shows of course were falling off…but they for sure made a priority and held the Grammys and those other major pop awards as the upmost validation, and made sure to be always there for those.

A shift happened in real time. People talked about it then. This is on the heels of the industry shunning the black award shows because of a couple skirmishes etc.

That GOOD Music cypher is 2010. That New God Flow performance is 2012. We can criticize him for other things but Kanye was never avoiding BET or acting like he was better. He opened the first BET Hip Hop awards in 07, he was already a full superstar at that time. He didn't need to do that.

That GOOD Music cypher is 2010. That New God Flow performance is 2012. We can criticize him for other things but Kanye was never avoiding BET or acting like he was better. He opened the first BET Hip Hop awards in 07, he was already a full superstar at that time. He didn't need to do that.

So he's been tap dancing for the past 10 years

That's nothing to be praising. His inner koon came out.

We blaming Kanye & Jay for the "fall" of black award shows now :lol::lol:, ya'll ****** are cooked B.

The same ***** that publicly pissed on a Grammy & has openly called them out for years.... is ****ing for em

Just narratives at this point despite it being far from the truth.

We blaming Kanye & Jay for the "fall" of black award shows now :lol::lol:, ya'll ****** are cooked B.

The same ***** that publicly pissed on a Grammy & has openly called them out for years.... is ****ing for em

Just narratives at this point despite it being far from the truth.

I don't think anybody is blaming them

It's just that Kanye has backtracked when convenient. The Grammy's is cool when he's nominated, asked to perform or going to win, be cause it feeds his ego.

Everyone knows he wants their acceptance and could care less about us.

Back
Top Bottom