Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Always wondered how rappers from the mid Atlantic area on like a Glizzy level show bookings be looking like…Kind of a weird spot cuz it ain’t as big as the south to have shows booked up non stop everywhere and don’t know how big the fan base is the rest of the country …Figured that’s why most move to ATL , but Glizzy stays in DC

It’s tough to blow up as a rapper from round here, which is wild cuz the kinda **** that everybody likes is out here

💯

I think they say Shy moved to Hawaii tho :lol:. Dude did the ATL thing, when it was underground before it really popped, popped. And that was a good smart investment. Because everybody blew up, and he was able to slide out the 300 deal and get the bread off the streams and tune core.

And those connections keep him going. All the Lobby work paid off. Guapo, Thug, Peweee, Zay, QC, Metro, 21 producers etc etc and extension. And Meek and them. He’s in an ard lane. He trying follow the curren$y blueprint in. A way…but on a street rapper level.

He pretty much tapped a market where he don’t gotta be a big touring draw, but can still pick up bags here and there off the streams.

For real for real…Baltimore his biggest and most loyal market :lol:.

Soon as they get Harlow with the right writing team it’s wraps. I’m good on him just like I’m good on “the boy”. I’ll put this pusha back in and let y’all have it.

He bout to do 200k off the rip. #1 song in the country. NBA and social media marketing. Tapped in with all the street rappers for that demo (Gee, Dugg, Ray). He done cleaned his image up. Lost weight. Became “cool” and using the same branding tactics as Drake did/does.

They push the button on him…he gone. I like this one tho. But it’s really because Ray been in a crazy zone for the past 4 years (since he started sippin crazy :smh: ) ..so anything anybody hops on will sound good.

He can rap a lor bit. He just ain’t for me. And I see exactly what he’s going for.

Like someone said earlier…it would’ve been post Malone…but he abonnded it with the quickness and came up though a slightly diff environment and never ever took tap serious. You can tell Harlow actually enjoys the genre. Harlow way more marketable, palatable and the staight man.

It’s what THEY want. And he’s about to go crazy.

The craziest part is…what is Zach Farlow thinking? Fetty Wap stole his ****. Then almost a decade later..another white dude with an oddly similar name just comes through and ascends to the highest of Heights :lol:. And from a similar place.

Fat Trel was a better than Shy by a country mile but he can’t stay outta jail/off drugs long enough to get his **** together.
Early Trel was on his way but Shy running laps around him now. But I guess we didn’t really get to see what Trel could turn into cause all the in and out. Shy kinda be tapped into dudes before they really take off too.

Early Trel was on his way but Shy running laps around him now. But I guess we didn’t really get to see what Trel could turn into cause all the in and out. Shy kinda be tapped into dudes before they really take off too.

Neither one of them are popping in the city like that.

They basically "old" to the youngins right now and their style of rapping is a bit dated. It's one of the reasons why Shy had to make amends w/ 37th so he could get next to No Savage and ride his wave.

Always wondered how rappers from the mid Atlantic area on like a Glizzy level show bookings be looking like…Kind of a weird spot cuz it ain’t as big as the south to have shows booked up non stop everywhere and don’t know how big the fan base is the rest of the country …Figured that’s why most move to ATL , but Glizzy stays in DC

It’s tough to blow up as a rapper from round here, which is wild cuz the kinda **** that everybody likes is out here
Glizzy toured wit Gunna in 2019
Not sure how much of a tour but he a couple dates with Big Sean & Carti B4 the pandemic (2020)
Fully Loaded gets played with no skips (def cut Pressa off tho) but other than that nothing after I rly rock wit

He bout to do 200k off the rip. #1 song in the country. NBA and social media marketing. Tapped in with all the street rappers for that demo (Gee, Dugg, Ray). He done cleaned his image up. Lost weight. Became “cool” and using the same branding tactics as Drake did/does.

They push the button on him…he gone. I
Bad Bunny dropped compadre. Be lucky if he do 100k

I think it's more likely that Jack Harlow is the next Chance than the next Drake.

They can press the button on you...but the artist still has to have the light by himself in order for the machine to do the rest of the work to the magnitude of being "the guy".

Not sure if Harlow has that kind of light. Drake was kind of "the guy" out of the gate.

I think it's more likely that Jack Harlow is the next Chance than the next Drake.

They can press the button on you...but the artist still has to have the light by himself in order for the machine to do the rest of the work to the magnitude of being "the guy".

Not sure if Harlow has that kind of light. Drake was kind of "the guy" out of the gate.
I agree with this more than the drake comparison.

“Finessing is a SPORT,

caught me a yellow one like Fabolous”

122D0D82-50F6-4689-BB8B-60030465EDEC.jpeg

Ain’t gon lie…I ain’t catch that the first time :lol:. That’s a slick line by the 🐐 :smokin

276B85E2-A25F-4A63-BA56-74865852433B.gif

^ ohhhhhhhhhh. Lol

I aint kno wtf that was supposed to mean. Lol

I was thinkin some duck duck goose s***. Lol

Back
Top Bottom