Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Seen this clip earlier & people have issue with it but am i bugging for not seeing anything wrong with this? Shouldn't the objective when your a marginalized people be to keep it in the family & share?

Worthy need to push this mfer. Got damn.

dancing.gif

Seen this clip earlier & people have issue with it but am i bugging for not seeing anything wrong with this? Shouldn't the objective when your a marginalized people be to keep it in the family & share?

I assume this guy and the artists he mentioned are… rappers?

If so, then yes. It’s wrong to try to capitalize off music created by Blacks, while adamantly saying you wouldn’t want to do business with them. IMO.

I assume this guy and the artists he mentioned are… rappers?

If so, then yes. It’s wrong to try to capitalize off music created by Blacks, while adamantly saying you wouldn’t want to do business with them. IMO.

He didn't say he wouldn't do any business with black people, he said he wouldn't directly sign to someone black & i don't really see the issue with that.

Black people signing to non black people is exactly why HipHop is set up the way it is. I'm not familiar with homies sound but i'm assuming he's heavy on Mexican culture & representation. it really wouldn't make much sense to sign under someone who doesn't have that same appreciation for it that you have.

Now dude kept bringing up jail & i know blacks/mexicans be going to war in there so i'm not doubting that he may have some whole other animosity....... but i'm talking strictly the message of signing & sticking with our own.

By doing business, I meant signing. That’s indeed what he said.

Of course you can make the argument that Black artists signing with non-blacks decades ago served to hip hop detriment, but that’s a point that’s a bit obscured now since there’s been a wealth of business knowledge and acumen that’s been amassed within the hip hop community since the genre’s infancy. These days labels may remain predatory, but today’s artists at least have some insight into the hazards and pitfalls experienced by those who came before them.

Bootleg Kev literally named some of the most influential Black artists and business names in the hip hop we know today, and dude said he wouldn’t sign with them solely because they were black.

That’s wild.

By dude’s logic, he would quicker run with the white boy labels because he ran “with the woods/peckerwoods” in jail.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he… you know what… Never mind.

To answer your original question, yes. It’s wrong. Imo.

By doing business, I meant signing. That’s indeed what he said.

Of course you can make the argument that Black artists signing with non-blacks decades ago served to hip hop detriment, but that’s a point that’s a bit obscured now since there’s been a wealth of business knowledge and acumen that’s been amassed within the hip hop community since the genre’s infancy. These days labels may remain predatory, but today’s artists at least have some insight into the hazards and pitfalls experienced by those who came before them.

Bootleg Kev literally named some of the most influential Black artists and business names in the hip hop we know today, and dude said he wouldn’t sign with them solely because they were black.

That’s wild.

By dude’s logic, he would quicker run with the white boy labels because he ran “with the woods/peckerwoods” in jail.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he… you know what… Never mind.

To answer your original question, yes. It’s wrong. Imo.

Agree to disagree

If i saw a black artist say i'm not signing with no white people, because i have more confidence in my own controlling my career i wouldn't blink an eye

He didn't say he wouldn't do any business with black people, he said he wouldn't directly sign to someone black & i don't really see the issue with that.

Black people signing to non black people is exactly why HipHop is set up the way it is. I'm not familiar with homies sound but i'm assuming he's heavy on Mexican culture & representation. it really wouldn't make much sense to sign under someone who doesn't have that same appreciation for it that you have.

Now dude kept bringing up jail & i know blacks/mexicans be going to war in there so i'm not doubting that he may have some whole other animosity....... but i'm talking strictly the message of signing & sticking with our own.

Let's keep it 1k. His views on signing to somebody black is rooted in lack of dislike/hatred towards black people. Fact is a lot of lations/mexicans buy into white supremacy views while copying black culture.

I wish he asked him if he would sign with a white owned label… lol

Back
Top Bottom