Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I had to go look that up. Pac had that ***** TURNT.
Crazy to think these our parents in there jamming :lol:
A young Kurupt & Daz on stage throwing the set up. A young Natedogg too.

Discovering this night that my mom and some of her friends dressed up in camo and heading to a No Limit concert in ‘98 threw me for such a loop. I remember seeing pics for years but never put two and two together until the No Limit Chronicles thing in 2020 :lol: :lol: all that NL and Cash Money stanning I had going on from ages 9-11 and we were basically listening to the same music

Discovering this night that my mom and some of her friends dressed up in camo and heading to a No Limit concert in ‘98 threw me for such a loop. I remember seeing pics for years but never put two and two together until the No Limit Chronicles thing in 2020 :lol: :lol: all that NL and Cash Money stanning I had going on from ages 9-11 and we were basically listening to the same music
That’s wassup. I wanted camo outfits and was heavily bumping NL. At this time, 1999, I remember bumping Mia X Unlady Like.

My mom sent me to Texas to live with my Dad :lol:

Remember I got the master P doll for Xmas back when I was like 8/9.

His set was mostly dancing just like his pops :lol:

That's why it looked so sad and out of place.

Kodak was in the audience and performed earlier, but dude was dancing along to the track like he was making a TikTok video. Plus he can't dance as well as Puff could :smh:

Now that I got a kid I always wonder what will be that time period as to where we both are rockin with the same stuff before the disconnect happens lol. My Dad indirectly put me on to Jay-Z when he bought the "Who you wit" single. He also had Pac "All Eyez on Me" and "Me against the World". He was rockin with Ja Rule heavy as hell too. Then after that musically we went our separate ways and it was all smooth jazz and oldies.

It’s not even a rollout at this point. He just learned from the *Jenner school of PR that all publicity is good publicity. As long as people are talking about him then it’s a W for him
Fixed
yunifan-kris-jenner.gif

I’m 17 and 18 years older than my two oldest boys and I swear I feel we never connected musically. I got one who just wanna listen to Rod Wave, Lil Baby and Drake and another who’s a Uzi fan. They know to bring their Air Pods when they ride with me cause aside from Lil Baby, none of that ******** getting any play in the truck :lol:

I’m 17 and 18 years older than my two oldest boys and I swear I feel we never connected musically. I got one who just wanna listen to Rod Wave, Lil Baby and Drake and another who’s a Uzi fan. They know to bring their Air Pods when they ride with me cause aside from Lil Baby, none of that bull**** getting any play in the truck :lol:
I come in peace *@DCAllAfrican voice* but you'd rather have them in their airpods in your car instead of listening a lil bit to their music on y'all travels? Little hard to connect imo

I come in peace *@DCAllAfrican voice* but you'd rather have them in their airpods in your car instead of listening a lil bit to their music on y'all travels?
I’ll let them rock occasionally the same way my Dad did with me. Took a minute but my Dad eventually came to realize Weezy was the one :smokin

There’s been a few Kodak, YB, Baby etc. songs that my kids put me on.

My 5 year old likes Juice World and I swear for the life of me I can't understand how dude even entered his stratosphere.

I put my son on a lot of older hip hop acts (older to him that is). He told me he met a girl at school the other day named Cassidy so I had to play I'm a hustla on the way to school this morning.

My kid is also a big Dave (mandem Dave not Lil Dicky). We rock out to a lot of his music together.

And juice world hate aside that Juice track on Khaled album is solid.

I listened to Juice with my son too. The “freestyles” we watched surprised me. Not my cup of tea though.

I should say I also expose them to a lot of older stuff too, especially Houston music. I’ll never how proud I was when I saw my son had Fat Pat Tops Drop on his playlist :smokin

I had to go look that up. Pac had that ***** TURNT.
Crazy to think these our parents in there jamming :lol:
A young Kurupt & Daz on stage throwing the set up. A young Natedogg too.

I think Pac was only out for a couple days at that point. That was Suge's club too. He was performing all them songs from all eyez on me less than a month out.

Last edited:
Now that I got a kid I always wonder what will be that time period as to where we both are rockin with the same stuff before the disconnect happens lol. My Dad indirectly put me on to Jay-Z when he bought the "Who you wit" single. He also had Pac "All Eyez on Me" and "Me against the World". He was rockin with Ja Rule heavy as hell too. Then after that musically we went our separate ways and it was all smooth jazz and oldies.
My daughter just started 3rd grade and told me she only listens to Beyonce and Lil Baby now …Then she be demanding to control the music in the whip, cuz she don’t like the radio and wants listen to the “bad word songs” in my library :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom