Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

It's hilarious watching people compare Gunna to 69. I promise Gunna will be fine.
69 really fooled people into believing his music was popping before he became an informant.
Dude was NEVER popping musically. I never heard his music outside.
Gunna drop one hot record, and everything back to normal.
Long as Wheezy & Turbo work with him, he gucci.

Not sure what you're talking about. Gummo was popular.

Nicki and Kanye did songs with him, because he was popular.

Boosie aint boutta trip THAT hard off his daughter dating girls.

Lesbianism doesn’t really seem to be scrutinized like gay males are.

That bein said, if that was boosie SON, trust and believe, he’d by wylin rn…

That's probably why dude is being extra with his sons paying for strippers.

Thinking if that would encourage them differently.

His streams went up after that doc. Still hear his music at get togethers, yes most are. That bootleg album got millions of plays on youtube.

People stop for a traffic accident, that means what?

Dudes a gay, a rapist and a pedo. You dudes can listen to him all you want, but stop trying to justify why it's ok for you to do it. Just say you do it and don't speak for others.

69 did alot of trickery. He essentially faked it but til he made it. I Posted about it a couple of times, but when he was doing the 10/10 on billboard ****, it was because he was selectively picking weeks to drop his music, and use the farming to just chart…and it would drop off a week later.

Outside of Gummo, most of his songs followed the formula. Childish one word title. 2 mins max. Visuals and debut on the billboard then fall off. He finally caught a hit or two. But he had no real fanbase at all. Or his music didn’t organically cross over.

36E8CBBB-606B-4AF5-96F3-687F4AA342E2.jpeg

:lol:

That DA lady rubbing her hands like Birdman

Dudes a smart dummy

He's getting easily riled up arguing on the phone? Just a few months ago he was talking about people doing that.

69 did alot of trickery. He essentially faked it but til he made it. I Posted about it a couple of times, but when he was doing the 10/10 on billboard ****, it was because he was selectively picking weeks to drop his music, and use the farming to just chart…and it would drop off a week later.

Outside of Gummo, most of his songs followed the formula. Childish one word title. 2 mins max. Visuals and debut on the billboard then fall off. He finally caught a hit or two. But he had no real fanbase at all. Or his music didn’t organically cross over.

I don't think he was ever for your demo. Dude was popular with the younger and non-urban demographic.

People stop for a traffic accident, that means what?

Dudes a gay, a rapist and a pedo. You dudes can listen to him all you want, but stop trying to justify why it's ok for you to do it. Just say you do it and don't speak for others.

It mean people still playing music :lol:

I ain't justify ****. I don't give a **** what the internet think about what I listen to. :lol:

But you playing stupid acting like most people ain't still listening to his music when there's actual numbers that show they are.

I ain't justify ****. I don't give a **** what the internet think about what I listen to. :lol:

But you playing stupid acting like most people ain't still listening to his music when there's actual numbers that show they are.

No, most people don't.

Right in this thread there's a division.

Stop saying most to make it seem like it's ok.

And then saying streaming numbers went up because of the documentary. Of course they would, because a lot of people 20 have no clue who he is and would listen.

Because I watched a Bernie Madoff doc that means what. :lol:

The ***** had like 6-7 platinum gold singles so somebody was playing the **** somewhere. And he had features from MAJOR artists during his run.

Who's going to stand next to Gunna? Literally all of his rap peers are abandoning him :lol:

No Future collabs. No YSL collabs. No Lil Baby collabs. Who's making his music? Where is he playing it? What sized venues? What demo? Some of y'all in a little bit of denial :lol:

He has a better chance changing his stage name to Sergio and making Flo-Rida molly festival music. It's a wrap for all of that "FN hold choppa bullets" talk.

Gunna don't need NONE of these ****** though. Yeah he may take a lil hit without the Baby & Future collabs, but this ***** got real hits. Solo platinum singles. Y'all are acting as if the masses have street morals. The majority of people don't give a **** about that. Gunna makes "vibey" music, and them don't people don't care.

I watched Kanye support trump, say slavery was a choice, and **** on black people, only for them same people to buy his merch and listen to his music. ****** thought Meek was done after the Drake beef. He came back with good music. Gunna ain't going nowhere as long as the music hits. All of YSL, including Thug brother took the same deal, but ****** fake mad at Gunna. :lol:

His female fans ain't going nowhere. Them white folks ain't going nowhere. Gen Z don't give a **** about snitching. They openly embrace all type of weird **** to me. Musically, 69 isn't in the same stratosphere. Gunna is an actual artist with a real fan base. 69 was a troll. I'm not a street ***** and I don't take none of these ****** serious. If the music is good, I'll listen. You bout to see a whole lot of this.

No, most people don't.

Right in this thread there's a division.

Stop saying most to make it seem like it's ok.

And then saying streaming numbers went up because of the documentary. Of course they would, because a lot of people 20 have no clue who he is and would listen.

Because I watched a Bernie Madoff doc that means what. :lol:

This thread? :lol:

Go to the R&B thread people still posting his music.

Gunna might not have the same type of run he was on.And he gon take a hit. But he going to have an audience if he wants. *****s def going to stop F’n with him. But a lot of people still will.

I have a feeling he will try to “explain it” in an exclusive interview or something.

What’s funny is, Slimelife Shawty, Thug brother, and a couple others took the same plea. I think Gunna and them + YSL (the label) going to look at how it shakes out, and try to shape the narrative around it.

A lot of this is speculative at this point. And if Thug somehow beat it (money in STATE cases in GA goes a loooooooong way) things will get very interesting. Cuz that’s a cash cow for Thug and them.

Gunna don't need NONE of these ****** though. Yeah he may take a lil hit without the Baby & Future collabs, but this ***** got real hits. Solo platinum singles. Y'all are acting as if the masses have street morals. The majority of people don't give a **** about that. Gunna makes "vibey" music, and them don't people don't care.

I watched Kanye support trump, say slavery was a choice, and **** on black people, only for them same people to buy his merch and listen to his music. ****** thought Meek was done after the Drake beef. He came back with good music. Gunna ain't going nowhere as long as the music hits. All of YSL, including Thug brother took the same deal, but ****** fake mad at Gunna. :lol:

His female fans ain't going nowhere. Them white folks ain't going nowhere. Gen Z don't give a **** about snitching. They openly embrace all type of weird **** to me. Musically, 69 isn't in the same stratosphere. Gunna is an actual artist with a real fan base. 69 was a troll. I'm not a street ***** and I don't take none of these ****** serious. If the music is good, I'll listen. You bout to see a whole lot of this.

The "masses" don't have street morals. But the culture HE pulled from to make his art does or else we WOULDN'T be talking about this. Do you think we'd be having this discussion if Wale "snitched"? WHY are we doing it with Gunna? Why did we do it with Hernandez?

You KNOW why. He didn't become "Gunna" making Wale music. YOU and everyone else wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't packaged how it was.

We love to pick and choose when this **** is entertainment and when it isn't.The lines between "the streets" and this form of entertainment has been blurred LONG AGO whether we accept it or not and rappers themselves are complicit. We can comb thru this wholllllle thread and "street ****" has been discussed across a variety of topics. Everybody discusses who shot Biggie/Pac, who claim what gang, who really did what in the streets, etc. Now when it's a ***** we like in the crosshairs...we want to turn that switch off.

Alllllll of this "I don't care about snitching, I'm just a civilian" talk should be universal right? You say there's no comparison to Hernandez here...yet the most BASIC surface level commonality they do share is obvious and there's a segment of people aren't keeping the same energy :lol:

All of the memes/references ya'll keep posting about "he snitched, I'm still going to listen" happened with him too. Two sides of the same coin and don't even know it :lol::smh:

I think he can have a career, but it will be limited and not close to what it was before.

and touring will also be a problem. Nobody is going to bring him on tour.

The music he made and the crowd he appeals too, it's ehhhhh. Labels can throw you to the side quickly when they don't think you can make them money. Even if a song is good, if it's not pushed it will sink down the charts.

Gunna makes better music than all three.
Not even mad at this. Meek was headed towards being a real legit content dude, then burned it all down with that Expensive Pain garbage. And people are finally starting to figure out the Lil Baby is living off that one freestyle that’s better than his 19 tracks of mid he normally releases.

Not even mad at this. Meek was headed towards being a real legit content dude, then burned it all down with that Expensive Pain garbage. And people are finally starting to figure out the Lil Baby is living off that one freestyle that’s better than his 19 tracks of mid he normally releases.

Meek's antics on social media and publicly make it not cool to listen to him. I think it forces his music to be better to wade through his bs.

People can create bad music, and just move to the next project. Especially if you're a established artist or you're a real fan.

Polo G was a big disappointment. His first album was good

Back
Top Bottom