Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I understand the surplus of women hits goin up cuz it seems like women the only ones outside but none of these broads selling albums so idk if it means anything

That SuperHero Future track prolly woulda went the distance if Metro ain't let Chris Brown ruin it

Cam def wasn't attracted to her. Ppl (especially women) rly don't grasp the idea that podcasts don't work unless ppl are actually engaged. Joint would be dry if he was talking to her like David Letterman

Does selling records matter in 2023?
The only thing I think matters is building a catalogue decent enough to keep you on tour (i. e. Cudi, Spitta, Wiz)

But I def think selling albums are more important than having a hit single ppl recite for 2-3 weeks or so. Now if you got a joint like The Box I understand but other than that

I have a love/hate relationship with the streaming era. The hate side can be summarized by the decline in quality. But I love the fact its extended the careers of my favorite rappers.

Dudes like Killer Mike and Black Thought dropping heat going into their 50s is kinda wild.

Cam def wasn't attracted to her. Ppl (especially women) rly don't grasp the idea that podcasts don't work unless ppl are actually engaged. Joint would be dry if he was talking to her like David Letterman

The only thing I think matters is building a catalogue decent enough to keep you on tour (i. e. Cudi, Spitta, Wiz)

But I def think selling albums are more important than having a hit single ppl recite for 2-3 weeks or so. Now if you got a joint like The Box I understand but other than that

I don’t think that old model works for women and definitely not in 2023. Meg sold 100k records but WAP did 7M as a single. She’s a brand with a machine behind her. Cardi ain’t had an album in years and she’s still a superstar. Munch got ice spice a deal with spanx or something.

They aren’t in a rush to put out albums. I’m not in that demographic so I might have it all wrong

This the chick who’s been at the cause of this weeks fake outrage…

I gotta be missing something, b. :lol:

These girls be 5's at best but because they talk all this freaky **** _'s be going crazy for 'em.

These thot/ratchet types be setting dudes up talking all that **** about what they'll do to you and dudes don't wanna look weak so they start responding. That YK dude fell for it for real and went way overboard. A lot of these girls be faking that **** just to go viral and for attention.

I have a love/hate relationship with the streaming era. The hate side can be summarized by the decline in quality. But I love the fact its extended the careers of my favorite rappers.

Dudes like Killer Mike and Black Thought dropping heat going into their 50s is kinda wild.
Pretty much the same sentiments. It’s great that artists have the independence to drop anytime they want. But…EVERY artist practically drops at the same time. That’s how you can get like 30 albums dropping in the same weekend, which leads to a lot of “came and went” talk. Not all these album came and went cause they stink, it’s simply cause too many of them drop and easily good lost in the sea of albums. There’s various albums that I’ve liked recently but damn near completely forgot they came out cause it’s a glutton of albums weekly. Lute, Little Brother, and Mach Hommy are a few that fits that bill for me.

Don’t seem like Gunna had much backing on this project. Production not all that great.

Bruh flow so smooth though.

IMG_4859.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom