Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I thought this was common knowledge?
Call me out of touch. I had no idea this was the new workflow for the younger generation. “Freestyling” then punching in every single bar. That sounds harder than actually writing something, anything down. Then I think about why these performances have gone downhill and it makes sense.

Might’ve been a year or two now, but when I saw Busta on the Nas/Wu tour he impressed.

Dude’s damn near 60, I’d be winded too 😂

I’ll admit, I had no idea punching in was so prevalent. Lyrics aside I thought some of these newer acts had nice flows. Then you realize they probably never rapped an entire verse of their own… All that matters to them is the finished product.

I remember seeing that lil Wayne doc before he went to jail. This fool would jump in the booth, spit 2 bars, start smoking, walk around, play some video games, jump back in the booth and spit like 4 more bars

Call me out of touch. I had no idea this was the new workflow for the younger generation. “Freestyling” then punching in every single bar. That sounds harder than actually writing something, anything down. Then I think about why these performances have gone downhill and it makes sense.
That’s why these folks can’t perform their music without the track playing, they don’t even know their own lyrics. There’s memorization going on in the midst of going over your verse with a pen and a pad.

Seeing old school acts like Rakim still be sharp should make these young folks feel ashamed of their stage presence or lack of.

never read up on the details but YIKES

If this is facts, and is actually part of the official court record, Nicki Minaj is wild as hell for marrying/having a kid with this dude. I’ve pointed out her clown tendencies in the past, but this is different.

35B4236D00000578-0-image-a-17_1467020228784.jpg

Crazy that she in her peak right now

banderas.png

this is the reason why most of these new generation rappers don't make sense on their verses and their topics switch up so much. :lol:

No one thinks he “went off the top of his head”. Thats freestyling.

Thats not what he was doin.

Back
Top Bottom