Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Y’all sleeping on this Schoolboy Q album, it took a few listens to get into, but it’s easily the best release of the year so far and in my opinion his best album.
Yikes if true, rap down bad

IMG_9662.gif

IMG_9663.gif

BlueLips :sick: Firmly last place for me right now :lol:

H&C
Blank Face
Oxymoron
Crash Talk
Setbacks

BLs

I'll probably spin it back at some point, but hella disappointing thus far. It's all over the place.

BlueLips :sick: Firmly last place for me right now :lol:

H&C
Blank Face
Oxymoron
Crash Talk
Setbacks

BLs

I'll probably spin it back at some point, but hella disappointing thus far. It's all over the place.
Blue Lips is definitely better than Crash Talk but that’s not saying much. The last 4-5 tracks sound like vintage Q, but the rest of the album is all over the place like you said. Random sequencing, unnecessary beat switches, etc. Crash Talk was just terrible from start to finish.

Blue Lips is definitely better than Crash Talk but that’s not saying much. The last 4-5 tracks sound like vintage Q, but the rest of the album is all over the place like you said. Random sequencing, unnecessary beat switches, etc. Crash Talk was just terrible from start to finish.

I think if people want just one sound from one album, Blue Lips isn't for you. That's why I can see people saying they don't like it.

I do 🤷‍♂️

beat switches do throw me off thinking I'm into a new song, or I wish that beat was longer.

“Know I’m staying low, gotta stack this **** to the ceiling
My mind on a million, don’t ask me why I been distant,
I been putting **** aside for the children
Put my life on the line, I did it. *****, I’m passed that
Stood front line for my ******s
Where was yo *** at? You all in the mix,
*****, Bag back”

🔥🔥🔥🔥

“Know I’m staying low, gotta stack this **** to the ceiling
My mind on a million, don’t ask me why I been distant,
I been putting **** aside for the children
Put my life on the line, I did it. *****, I’m passed that