Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Hov opening up for Puff & Bad boy. 6 months after BIG just past. He was on his way, clearly. I kinda remember seeing/hearing this promoted. True story. Or maybe I’m getting it confused with the Hard Knock Life Tour. But def a memory on the radio, posters, street team etc.

yeah, i went to this tour and I was hot because Jay Z and Foxy didn't make the Houston date
still have the shirt from it

Wow rip to boss, she was dope
Screenshot_20240311_200740_Instagram.jpg
20240311_200243.jpg

Damn man this one sucks. I knew about her health issues just like with Breed (and face). Hadn't heard anything from her camp in a long time. Sucks to have her pass away.

I still have the cassette of her (their) album. Run, Catch & Kill, but the remix, is one my favorite songs of all time.

The best part of the whole thing was the way the album started off with the answering machine (not voicemail) message from her mother like "You went to private school, why are you doing all this gangsta stuff?"

It was probably the most up front and blatant "Hey, all this rap stuff is 99% acting. Even what you're about to listen to from me" messages on a record. Face goes back and forth, talking about dealing and doing a bunch of stuff, but then on some songs backtracks and asks why the police are harrassing him. Boss straight up started the album with "Yall know this is acting, right?"

Not that it wasn't obvious from the overdone lyrics and posturing but it was like watching a "Terminator" movie. Of course it's completely fake. But that doesn't make it not enjoyable. Such a good rapper. And then once the internet age came along it was kinda hard to find her stuff because of the dollar signs in the name, and similarly named rappers.

But she was dope. R.I.P.

yeah, i went to this tour and I was hot because Jay Z and Foxy didn't make the Houston date
still have the shirt from it

I can't remember if it was on YouTube or IG but I saw somewhere that Jay left the tour cuz he felt it was beneath him to open up. I think it was that Hov/Mase battle breakdown video.

I always thought Rod Laver's were wack

and the Gucci joints looked like cafeteria worker kicks

Never put either on my feet and never will

AI is like Shaq. They were one hit wonders with their sneaker lines.

Outside of the Question and Shaq Attaq 1 they were Desiigner.

Back
Top Bottom