Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Maybe he will go back to making good music and he can get off the fake drug free Christian man kick. Dude always carried himself like a politician to me, because that's the type of home he was raised in. The rap version of Russell Wilson.

I always thought that album was him proving his love, because he's been messing up a lot. I do understand in trying to do the right thing for the kids and her and being responsible and get married, but it normally doesn't work out in the long run.

I remember that clip I think of him at Carnival and once he realized he was being filmed :rofl:

It was always gonna be tough for shorty because of the way Chance professed his love for her on that album. People literally slow down to see horrifying traffic accidents, of course they would look for faults when he made it such a big deal.

I hadnt even read that TMZ article when I posted but even they went on about how 'impactful' shorty has been on his career.

I do wonder if he drops good guy image now that this is over.

I give Chance grace because he technically did Acid Raps as a kid but he went from questioning the existence of God to that super religious (but hard) verse on Ultralight Beams and it's been different ever since.

Where does Chance go now musically?

Kendrick and Jay have done the, we **** up and marriage is hard work and a work in progress during the marriage.

Does he rap like nothing happen.? He's in a weird position, because to me he almost seems like Big Sean. In the fact that nobody wants to hear from him.

Crazy he went from being so popular. Does he do the divorce album? That's something you do in R&B, not rap. And we see how that "love" album was received.

Chance, Sean and Meek have had crazy turn in their careers. It's almost like the blueprint on what not to do.

Maybe Sean and Chance need to call up Kanye.

Just because I made music with you in a basement 30 years ago doesn’t make us BFFs.
Sounds like this has been going on for a while and finally boiled over. Billboard got wind of the filings and then got statements from both sides.

Whoa, them _'s used to sleep at each others house in high school. Pharrell and Chad are basically brothers. Over the years maybe they grew apart but they was super close.

Chance ruined his career with positivity, no one wants to hear positive, uplifting stuff in rap, especially these days.

Y’all kill me with this. There’s always been a space for positivity in rap. And it gets received well by a lot of people. Some of y’all just don’t want to hear it.

What people don’t like, and this is bigger than rap mind you, is a person who gets on the holier than thou high horse, when they have been shown to have flaws like the rest of us. That’s life in general.

Like Magic said, Chance seemed to have gone on that run of showing how much he loves his wife because of what appeared to be contradictory behavior behind the scenes.

Last edited:
Prolly got 5 eminem songs I rock with. Outside of that you could erase his entire catalogue n it wouldn’t bother me

Chance ruined his career with positivity, no one wants to hear positive, uplifting stuff in rap, especially these days.

Y’all kill me with this. There’s always been a space for positivity in rap. And it gets received well by a lot of people. Some of y’all just don’t want to hear it.

What people don’t like, and this is bigger than rap mind you, is a person who gets on the holier than thou high horse, when they have been shown to have flaws like the rest of us. That’s life in general.

Like Magic said, Chance seemed to have gone on that run of showing how much he loves his wife because of what appeared to be contradictory behavior behind the scenes.

I think more so it was phoniness, a la Russell Wilson

This didn't age well

I forgot he did this

Has a new meaning

RIP PNB Rock

I was wondering why this is no longer on Apple Music

Ahhhh, I see it’s the time of the year. “We didn’t listen to Em”.

Nah, we definitely did. He was definitely more popular with the younger crowd but I knew and saw older N’s buying.

He rapped better than most and had a Dre and Snoop co-sign. Em doesn’t get to multi platinum status and superstardom without us.

The tape came out and Encore dropped and that was when his fanbase became largely white.

The older I get, the more I comprehend that he was rapping about a lot of the same **** we were (poverty, abandonment, **** the government, drugs) but he tried to cover it with humor at times.

Ahhhh, I see it’s the time of the year. “We didn’t listen to Em”.

Nah, we definitely did. He was definitely more popular with the younger crowd but I knew and saw older N’s buying.

He rapped better than most and had a Dre and Snoop co-sign. Em doesn’t get to multi platinum status and superstardom without us.

The tape came out and Encore dropped and that was when his fanbase became largely white.

The older I get, the more I comprehend that he was rapping about a lot of the same **** we were (poverty, abandonment, **** the government, drugs) but he tried to cover it with humor at times.

You realize you aren't the best person to determine that with the bull**** you listen to :lol:

Who the **** was listening to this?

10 year olds

Back
Top Bottom