Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

You realize he used to be with The Outsidaz and was on Soundbombing 1, right?

and no, most black people didn't listen to Em, because most of the underground scene was black rappers with white fans.

Underground = most white fans

Mainstream = most white fans

Is it the middle ground with most black fans? :lol:

Was rap city most white fans?

Interscope got him on Rap City....ok, that means?

So rap city was or wasn't mostly white? :lol: Rap city was paid by interscope?

The reality Em had a lot of black fans. That's how he was able to reach a certain level. A was a respected MC. That's why to this day he's the only white rapper to have that respect. His music and style after his hiatus we can all agree is trash but it's just funny when dudes try to rewrite his story cuz they don't like him.

So rap city was or wasn't mostly white? :lol: They was paid by interscope?

The reality is Em had a lot of black fans. That's how he was able to reach a certain level. A was a respected MC. That's why to this day he's the only white rapper to have that respect. His music and style after his hiatus we can all agree is trash but it's just funny when dudes try to rewrite his story cuz they don't like him.

It means your label gets you on the program, just like a label would get black artist on TRL

Eminem didn't have a lot of black fans. He had black kids.

Did Christina, Brittany Spears and N'Sync have black fans? And do you think they were adults?

Only song I ever liked Chance in...

Then I downloaded Coloring Book and listened to that... and never wanted to hear another thing from him again. Just awful. I didn't even pay for the **** and I still felt ripped off. He owes me for my time.

So rap city was or wasn't mostly white? :lol: Rap city was paid by interscope?

The reality Em had a lot of black fans. That's how he was able to reach a certain level. A was a respected MC. That's why to this day he's the only white rapper to have that respect. His music and style after his hiatus we can all agree is trash but it's just funny when dudes try to rewrite his story cuz they don't like him.

How old were you when Eminem came out? Exactly

Did Christina, Brittany Spears and N'Sync have black fans? And do you think they were adults?

What kinda left turn is that? Did they come up through a black genre of music? Black clubs and competing against black artists?

They came up through the mickey mouse club at disney, what are you talkin bout? :lol:

I don’t give a **** if you don’t like Em, we not gonna sit here and lie that Em didn’t have a large amount of black fans from albums 1-3. It’s a straight up lie.

And if you in here posting these clown *** artists that make 126 second songs, I don’t want to hear **** from you.

What kinda left turn is that? Did they come up through a black genre of music? Black clubs and competing against black artists?

They came up through the mickey mouse club at disney, what are you talkin bout? :lol:

Wasn't that who he was dissing? Those were his peers.

Are you acting clueless on purpose?

Eminem is a great rapper and lyricist, but back in the day... I was def team Can-I-Bus. **** LL, if you want to start talking about over rated rappers...

I don’t give a **** if you don’t like Em, we not gonna sit here and lie that Em didn’t have a large amount of black fans from albums 1-3. It’s a straight up lie.

And if you in here posting these clown *** artists that make 126 second songs, I don’t want to hear **** from you.

He had black people from Detroit and black kids who listen to anything popular on MTV.

You listened to that corny ****, cool. It falls in line with your taste.

While Ja and 50 were going back and forth Eminem was dissing Insane Clown Posse and Christina Aguilera, but yeah, he had plenty black fans :lol:

Was undergroup rap Em's peers?

Yes, because that's who he met when he went to New York to try and get a deal. Because he could rap.

But he left them behind and became a pop artist.

That's why you got no Pace Won or Young Zee on Eminem projects. No Rawkus artist on Eminem projects.

Insane Clown Posse had black fans too? You listened to them?

I never like to see any marriage end

But that Dr. Umar “Does Chance the Rapper have a white wife?!?!” clip is classic material :lol:

Did they stop pushing power of the dollar bc he was shot?

Pretty much

Power of the Dollar is the debut EP and unreleased debut studio album by American rapper 50 Cent. The EP version was released September 12, 2000, by Columbia Records and Trackmasters Entertainment. The album version was originally set to be released as 50 Cent's major-label debut on July 4, 2000, but he was ultimately dropped by Columbia Records after being shot nine times and the album was shelved.[1] Subsequently, the album was heavily bootlegged.[2] As of 2024, Columbia has no plans to release the album.

several gimmicky singles eliminates you from any goat talk

Where did anyone say he was the GOAT?

How many white rappers were before Em but couldn’t get the stamp of approval from us. I remember seeing MAAAD yt rappers in The Source and I’ve never seen or heard a song by them. Milkbone? Haystack? Some **** like that.

Did they stop pushing power of the dollar bc he was shot?

It never came out. He got dropped due to all his beefs and getting shot. Wasn’t worth it to the label.

Back
Top Bottom