Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I’m no saint, but I don’t think you’d understand unless you’re in the position.

I just feel for him that’s all.
I know what you’re saying but even in my own violation situation I couldn’t feel sorry for myself, I knew what was coming if I didn’t keep my nose clean. But yeah getting taken into custody straight from the court room is never a good feeling. I think his kids were staying with him so I feel for them the most.

IMG_1680.jpeg

Probably my favorite of the younger crop and I want him to succeed. Boy can rap and should go down as one of the best of his generation. Honestly though, I only like maybe 30-40% of his material. He’s like Royce da 5’9 to me. Technical ability is insane but a majority of the actual songs just don’t click for me.

I felt this way with his first two albums but LOVED Forever Story, not a bad song on that album. Hoping he can do the same with his next project.

People say the same thing about Meek lol It doesn't bother me as much as it does other people though. I think he could still get away with it if he switched up his content and got more serious.

Ludacris was the same way. He got busy when he wanted to but decided to go the caricature route.

Meek music was better than Dababy ****. Meek and Future was damn near even at one point as far as street anthems/club records/connection with a certain audience. I don't know if Dababy ever had a real core fan base like that.

Luda a waaaaaaaayyyy better rapper then Dababy, Luda was being real nice with that comparison.

Meek music was better than Dababy ****. Meek and Future was damn near even at one point as far as street anthems/club records/connection with a certain audience. I don't know if Dababy ever had a real core fan base like that.

Luda a waaaaaaaayyyy better rapper then Dababy, Luda was being real nice with that comparison.
I think it's subjective. To be real, Meek's most popular song without a feature is an album intro lol

The comparison between them 2 is more from an artist perspective, not skill even though I don't think the skill gap is as big as you're making it seem.

Da Baby had a nice fan base at one point. Especially the ladies. He ended up turning a lot of them off with how he publicly treated his BM though. Then the gay rant hurt him more from the sponsorship side.

Anyone think JID will continue to grow in popularity?

Talent wise I feel he’s definitely one of the best out who isn’t a “superstar”
I do. I followed that whole EarthGang/Spillage Village movement and they were dope. But out of the whole collective JID in my opinion is the only one who stayed consistent and true to what got him there while at the same time making better music without switching up or sounding like he’s “trying to find his sound”. EarthGang got those Outkast comparisons and their music changed, it’s like they’re chasing something. I still think they’re dope, but I liked them better when they were underground-ish. But aside from that dumb TikTok/IG trend where folks were taping they’re phones to ceilings for the Surround Sound BS, he was already gaining momentum before that with DiCaprio series, then he dropped the Forever Story, awesome awesome album. I think he’ll only get better, in fact he was just somewhere saying he just turned another album in. Can’t wait.

Hip hop got robbed with Thug getting took down. IMO he was the one giving Drake the biggest run for his money. The man was consistent with bangers and 100 different flows.

I think it's subjective. To be real, Meek's most popular song without a feature is an album intro lol

That adds to my point. Intro is a hip hop spiritual. It's a iconic record at this point. It wasn't supposed to be a hit but it touch _'s soul. Meek didn't need to force hits to have big records. Dababy has no "Intro" type record.

But you got Beans and Safaree jumped by your flunkies 🤷🏽‍♂️
😂😂😂 again, you gotta know who you picking battles with.

Addiction issues are hard to acknowledge if you don’t do the internal work necessary. Considering lil bro’s music hasn’t evolved (to my old man ears at least lol), he doesn’t strike me as the soul searching type.

Back
Top Bottom