Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Now that we in chill mode what's y'all's final count and track rankings of the beef?

Based on the track order list Dot basically swept this dude with the timing and strategy, but Family Matters is def one of the top tracks to come outta this whole joint it just got **** on immediately.

Here's my list:
1. Euphoria
2. Like That
3. Family Matters
4. Not Like Us
5. Meet the Grahams (may be the best diss track ever but feel dirty listening to it haha)
6. 616 in LA
7. Push Ups
8. The Heart Part 6
My order for now:

Euphoria
Like That
Meet The Grahams
Family Matters (great record on its own but I can't in good faith put it over MTG and it's impact :lol:)
Not Like Us
6:16 in LA
Push Ups
Heart pt.6

Euphoria will forever be no.1 for me, he legit expertly laid out how he was gonna break down Drake and he executed it to perfection. 6 mins of methodical takedown.

Still holding out hope that we get at least one more out of Kendrick to follow up Heart pt.6 but it feels like there might be powerful interests at play now trying to prevent/block anything further...

Let's say Kendrick diss is all based on lies, it is good but does it hold weight? Some of the females have come to Drake defense. Just wondering, if it's a banger for you guys.

depends, a bunch of that stuff is just observable. if we leaning on “the girls said it was all good” to deflect from the other disses, we gotta delve into the psychology of a world famous musician’s words and actions and impressionable young women’s perception of the interactions

look at those interactions then what he raps/sings about involving actual women who likely have been around a while

but I’m not tryina do all that

he a FAN he a FAN he a FAN yeah

Torn on not like us . No denying the impact but when I was listening on the phone it was ***

I then was in the A and they played that **** in the club back to back and I’m like this is amazing

Then tried to play it in the whip heading home and couldn’t get past the first verse lol.
That’s what I thought but now I keep saying “wop wop woo” and “freaky *** *****, he a 69 god.” **** so funny

Some of the females have come to Drake defense.
Some of y'all keep posting stuff like this but this is not the defense you think it is. I'm not even saying the allegations are true or not, but a potential victim defending the abuser is not unusual at all. That's how people get away with it for so long. Women don't want to speak up and say "Yes I was molested." or "Yes I was groomed by a megastar." That's a hard thing to say publicly. "No, nothing happened" is way easier. Not to mention money and NDA's involved. Hell look at Stormy Daniels in court today. She denied it for a long time bc of money and an NDA.

Again, not saying the allegations are true. I have no idea. He's been very suspect for a long but that's not proof. But taking a victim's word for it ain't it for a litany of reasons.

I don’t think this continues but it does have a bit of a conundrum. Say this doesn’t stop and Kendrick doubles and triples down on the peso stuff; Drake would likely have to sue him because it would start to affect his Nike deals and such.

1715116591834.png

:nerd: :nerd:

Finna get very interesting for Kendrick career lol

Now that we in chill mode what's y'all's final count and track rankings of the beef?

Based on the track order list Dot basically swept this dude with the timing and strategy, but Family Matters is def one of the top tracks to come outta this whole joint it just got **** on immediately.

Here's my list:
1. Euphoria
2. Like That
3. Family Matters
4. Not Like Us
5. Meet the Grahams (may be the best diss track ever but feel dirty listening to it haha)
6. 616 in LA
7. Push Ups
8. The Heart Part 6
1 Meet the Grahams
2 Not Like Us
3 Euphoria
4 Like That
5 Family Matters
6 Push Ups
7 616 in LA
8 The Heart Part 6

Not Like Us is fun and it's hilarious to see it played at games but the timing and viciousness of Meet the Grahams puts it #1 for me. We all sat their with our mouths open listening to it just 20 minutes after Drake had pressed his red button. It just sucked al the life out of Family Matters.

The way all of these grown adults are spiraling is amazing to watch!

Wait until you find out this is all done for clicks and this just brings more and more views and follows to him. There is no such thing as bad publicity for people liek vlad ak etc Ak prob crushed a bunch of his prior view counts

What fire dropped this year other than Pluto
Schoolboy_Q_-_Blue_Lips.png

+ Metro and Pluto blessing us with legit years worth of material a couple weeks apart.

Even Cole's warmup **** was cool, he just blew up his own momentum with what he pulled though the same week :lol:

21, Buddy, Boldy James, Roc and Ye also dropped with Keef on the way. We've been eating good this year genre wise after a quiet last few years

meet the Grahams
Family matters

Never want to hear euphoria ever again just off listenability. Not like us is cool.

Drake got smacked but I’m not a Kendrick fan either. Hate Drake though.

If UMG asking for an apology :rofl:

Kendrick already told them in the song - “if anybody ****in with him, then **** them too. and **** the industry too” :lol:

bruh KDot was ready to pull his discography from spotify when they were talking about censorship awhile back. he dont give a ****

1. Not Like Us- Kendrick used everything Drake and his fanbase was holding high and flipped it. Trolled this man without the internet and made a hit doing so, lol.
2. Meet The Grahams- one of the best chess moves ever made. Dark, and disrespectful as f***, love it!!!
3. Push Ups- the one thing I hated about all this was so many going against Drake, whether deserved or not. He stood in a circle of his enemies and got a good hit on everyone. Gotta give him some respect for that.
4. Euphoria- if it wasn’t for the jumping of Drake, this would be at the 3 spot. Liked everything Kendrick said. But I only start to really feel it as more songs dropped.
5. 6:16- the convo before he turns the focus to Drake is my favorite part.
6.Family Matters- beat and flow on the second part was nice!! It lacked the energy tho. But the move Kendrick made completely killed this song. Haven’t even went back and listened since the first time, lol.
7. Like That- song is nice, but it didn’t hit like that for me right off bat.
8. The Heart 6- 🗑️ 🏳️

Schoolboy_Q_-_Blue_Lips.png

+ Metro and Pluto blessing us with legit years worth of material a couple weeks apart.

Even Cole's warmup **** was cool, he just blew up his own momentum with what he pulled though the same week :lol:

21, Buddy, Boldy James, Roc and Ye also dropped with Keef on the way. We've been eating good this year genre wise after a quiet last few years

jayz.gif

It's a down 2 years for real as far a real spark in the game.

Back
Top Bottom