Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

IMG_1059.gif

Sheesh not a fan of meek at all but he killed this joint

The white pop star, interesting
Eminem’s whiny voice, content and rhyme schemes do nothing for me. Like those lines from the song today are just awful. What’s that song he had a few years ago? Monster. Yeah I’m good.

Drake is a lot of things but he isn’t white. I hate everything he stands for though but Stay Scheming and even Family Matters are far more tolerable than what Eminem has done post renegade

Eminem’s whiny voice, content and rhyme schemes do nothing for me. Like those lines from the song today are just awful. What’s that song he had a few years ago? Monster. Yeah I’m good.

Drake is a lot of things but he isn’t white. I hate everything he stands for though but Stay Scheming and even Family Matters are far more tolerable than what Eminem has done post renegade

I said old Eminem, not current or post Renegade.

I actually like old Eminem more today than I did in 99-04. Now that I’m an adult, I hear his music differently and appreciate how skilled he is and I hear how much pain and suffering he was going through.

He definitely has a much larger white fanbase now than he did those first few years. I just don’t like it when people downplay how relatable some of his songs were or say we all didn’t listen to him cause that’s not true. I bought his CDs, my boys bought his CDs.

I also hate the club or car **** cause he never made that kind of music and most lyrical rappers didn’t AND when they did, they usually get killed for it.

The Drake vs Em conversation is interesting.

With his earlier work, Em had some cohesive and good to classic albums (MMLP).

He was also battle tested on the freestyle circuit. As a Black man, I can respect him as a hip hop artist as well as his skill when focused and inspired.

Having said that. Drake might use ghost writers. Drake probably don’t got a classic to his name imo. But with his string of hit singles for 15 years strong, I like his music more. It resonates with me more.

I can understand some of the arguments some of ya are making and leave it at that.

I immediately thought of “Kim” when I heard “We Cry Together” and I love both songs. Detailed *** stories.
Outside of his freestyle skills and flow, the best thing about early Eminem albums was definitely the storytelling. I miss that era of hip-hop in general because telling stories was an expectation to be a great. It’s mostly gone in today’s landscape

Drake grew up saying N with the er. :lol:

He grew up in a white Jewish neighborhood.

He called Rick Ross racist

1717206052359.png

I know y'all hate Em but he probably has more knowledge about black american culture than Drake being that he grew up in the same hood.

Drake grew up saying N with the er. :lol:

He grew up in a white Jewish neighborhood.

He called Rick Ross racist

1717206052359.png

I know y'all hate Em but he probably has more knowledge about black american culture than Drake being that he grew up in the same hood.
A marsupial with the black eyes is still a black man. I’m not going to speak on the neighborhood he grew up in as a kid. That’s not up to him. Like I hate drake too but even as a colonizer his music is better than Eminem’s. This is about music. You can play Smack That if you want to.

A marsupial with the black eyes is still a black man. I’m not going to speak on the neighborhood he grew up in as a kid. That’s not up to him. Like I hate drake too but even as a colonizer his music is better than Eminem’s. This is about music. You can play Smack That if you want to.

G Eazy and Jack Harlow get compared to Drake for a reason. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom