Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Obviously with those numbers there's a substantial demographic overlap. I do agree with the overall point that there is and always has been a disconnect between Eminem's music (specifically his gimmicky 'shockjock' content) and the black hiphop demographic.

When you look at the influence Eminem has had on hiphop, the disconnect is even clearer.
White rappers in general, Hopsin, ...
These are the kind of rappers his influence has produced. People who make hiphop for people who don't like hiphop.

And then you could cherry-pick him influencing Kendrick (NT’s summer hero) per the man himself. That’s why the whole line of thinking is severely warped to me.

And then you could cherry-pick him influencing Kendrick (NT’s summer hero) per the man himself. That’s why the whole line of thinking is severely warped to me.

It's ironic that Kim was brought up in here considering Kendrick dropped Kim Lite on MMATBS.

Nobody outside of white people were listening, tho :lol:

Eh I liked Relapse, Recovery actually was decent enough to ride with the homies wit but fam followed Love The Way You Lie with that Monster track and it's been curtains since but he sometimes come wit a track or two that's decent imo

The 'only white ppl rock wit Em' is def moreso correct but a decent amount of black rappers genuinely rock wit buddy that it's easy to argue the other way around

Black people respect his talent. Whenever we see an outsider do what we do, we hype them up and have a respect for them. Whether it be dancing, rappin, etc. On a technical level, Em has it all. He's still one of the best freestylers there is to me. Making actual music tho? :emoji_thumbsdown:

gotta be who you were around. we were downloading a ton of radio freestyles and tapes off Kazaa and **** like that

we were def listening to Em just not the weird *** singles :lol:
There was a collection called “the freestyle show” that I recall floating around on torrent sites… maybe 04-05?

There was a collection called “the freestyle show” that I recall floating around on torrent sites… maybe 04-05?

that stuff, Sway & Tech stuff, Green Lantern tapes, it was a bunch of **** and G Unit was dropping crazy freestyles during this time too

was ****in my aunts Windows XP desktop up back then downloading stuff man lol

Last edited:
I’ve always thought Kim Porter’s death was an obvious cover up but i didn’t know about the shakir sterwart ****. That’s so ugly.

Back
Top Bottom