Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Toronto's culture is not globally popular enough for you to be butthurt that people don't understand the "jokes" or culture.

Yah but I'm not butthurt people don't understand the jokes. :lol:

I literally said it's fine if you don't get it, again it's totally natural for people living in the global super power to be ignorant of other cultures.

I just think it's funny when ignorant Americans are proud of being ignorant.

as T0INE T0INE can attest to, it is always annoying in movies when they have a “Bahamian” character (or any character from any island in the Caribbean that’s not JA) with a bad fake Jamaican accent

And this dude out chere playing UB40 and that’s getting called culture

I guess drake going find some Jamaican family next to justify this latest BS

1717502425684.gif

as T0INE T0INE can attest to, it is always annoying in movies when they have a “Bahamian” character (or any character from any island in the Caribbean that’s not JA) with a bad fake Jamaican accent

And this dude out chere playing UB40 and that’s getting called culture

I guess drake going find some Jamaican family next to justify this latest BS

1717502425684.gif

You can't be serious. :lol:

You're actually crying about Americans being ignorant of your culture?? While being proudly ignorant of others?

Just be consistent man. :lol:

Ub40 are British…

I’m Bahamian..

Drake is Jewish Canadian..

None of which are Jamaican and/or American

And actually gave the world a classic reggae song with actual Jamaicans

the lack of consistency is amazing. :lol:

so it's okay from a white dude from toronto to perform reggae music sung in jamaican patois

because he grew up around jamaicans in toronto hoods??

but it's bad for Drake to perform music in a Toronto accent because...something something drake bad.

okay man you got it

Yah but I'm not butthurt people don't understand the jokes. :lol:

I literally said it's fine if you don't get it, again it's totally natural for people living in the global super power to be ignorant of other cultures.

I just think it's funny when ignorant Americans are proud of being ignorant.

So your "culture" is mocking other cultures?

And you're talking about ignorance?

the lack of consistency is amazing. :lol:

so it's okay from a white dude from toronto to perform reggae music sung in jamaican patois

because he grew up around jamaicans in toronto hoods??

but it's bad for Drake to perform music in a Toronto accent because...something something drake bad.

okay man you got it
simpsons.gif

Of course people who migrate to Canada from other countries will have accents or direct descendants of those people

Drake is Canadian, born and raised to a Canadian woman.. this was drake before he started cosplaying as a rapper from various parts of the states and pretending to be Jamaican every once and while

Ben Johnson was born in Jamaica, so him sounding like this makes sense

Of course people who migrate to Canada from other countries will have accents or direct descendants of those people

Drake is Canadian, born and raised to a Canadian woman.. this was drake before he started cosplaying as a rapper from various parts of the states

Ben Johnson was born in Jamaica, so him sounding like this makes sense

Taking your 2 half remembered facts you read in a tweet.

And now you think you have a better understanding of Canadian accents and culture then a person who actually lives here.

Amazing. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom