Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Not bad for a wobbly wobbly rapper. Smh
I wish they released a better song than this for the 2nd single. Up to Me or F the World would have made a better choice. Although after Juves Follow Me Now success I understand why because of the production.

Wasted both of these songs. Should have gave them both to BG and Juvie and left Wayne off both.

I mean I do believe that you can be older and enjoy both older and new music. Everyone's not acting.

The issue is there's too many Gillie's out there pandering to the trash young artists.

Ehhhh, this **** really ain’t for 40+. If you hear it at a club or in the gym, that’s cool. I hate when I hear Budden (same guy that’s made songs crying about hip hop dying and lyrics don’t matter today) talk about how he like or hype for some artist that can’t rap for ****.

I mean I do believe that you can be older and enjoy both older and new music. Everyone's not acting.

The issue is there's too many Gillie's out there pandering to the trash young artists.
Yep. People need to stop faking the funk on stuff. Just like everything in the 90s wasn’t 5 stars, current stuff doesn’t have to be propped up just cause it’s current and so you won’t come across as a “hater” and look like the old dude at a 18-21 club. If something sucks, it sucks.

I don’t know man, some of my friends had some raggedy parents too.

That's true but it's still way worse now. We had to sneak and watch Playas Club, that's normal now. A lot of these kids are being raised by Ronnie. :lol:

It's cool to strip and be a ratchet and do onlyf@ns. Kids can go on tik tok or IG and see anything, all day long. Back then people knew time and place. BET uncut came on super late. Parents want to be viral and appear "in tune". It's so many 32+ year old women that want to prove they still got it.

Ehhhh, this **** really ain’t for 40+. If you hear it at a club or in the gym, that’s cool. I hate when I hear Budden (same guy that’s made songs crying about hip hop dying and lyrics don’t matter today) talk about how he like or hype for some artist that can’t rap for ****.

Joe be hyping the most mid R&B too. All them Tory Lanez songs he be playing. :lol:

This is true

I think some people are going through midlife crisis though. They don't want to be their parents, and they want to be the cool kid. You'll look like Ice with grey hairs in a crowd full of 20 year olds.

It's ok to pick and choose. I'd rather be the dude who listens to Rakim, but doesn't dress like him. Music is timeless, fashion isn't.

Joe be hyping the most mid R&B too. All them Tory Lanez songs he be playing. :lol:

I **** with Kaytranada, but a lot of the 2010's R&B he hypes up is mid as hell.

Which is weird, because of the big variance in the 80's and 90's R&B he plays. He knows what good R&B should sound like.

Wasted both of these songs. Should have gave them both to BG and Juvie and left Wayne off both.

If you are talking about The Block is Hot beat I wholeheartedly disagree. That's perfect as is. Respect Us is Juve though. Since FMN success inspired it.

1000001367.jpg

Back
Top Bottom