Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This Jaden Smith album... Dope.

ohhh.png

He a talented version of these other new weirdo _'s.

That Fentanyl **** is crazy. Supposed to be like 10-15x stronger than the same dose of heroin. It's been all over the news up here because quite a significant number of people (for the area) have died from Fentanyl overdoses.

Shy Glizzy's voice is irritating, but I did like Funeral, well the remix with Jeezy. Should have been a video.

Salute to Ak for doing more independent stuff w/ his brand but why is this ***** in a Chinese take out spot doing interviews lol

Yeah, he was smart on doing that.

_'s be almost too real for their own good sometimes. He don't really seem willing to sacrifice his artistic integrity for "marketability". Another part is how hard he's been jacked too tho. It's dudes running around that honestly think _'s like Uzi are the creators of his style. There's a running joke that most of his fans are just other rap _'s but it's lowkey somewhat true. He like a mood board for _'s

You forgot Carti too, Key! and ManMan was basically his bigger figures for a min.
He in the back with the bucket on, prolly 17 at the time

You familiar with Bryan Michael Cox? He tried to put him on a min ago. Had him out in LA writing and he linked with Juicy J, thats how stuff like 'Bandz a Make Her Dance' came about. Check "Blue Dream and Lean", he got a beat he produced on there and a feat on another song. When you got heat, these bigger dudes kinda wanna make sure you stay in the shadows tho

Then you got Two9 which he cofounded. They were doing cool gaining momentum etc but then Mike Will/Interscope started getting involved. A lot of _'s be getting weirded out when dudes in suits start tryna tell them what they should be doing with something they built themselves, so he bounced

Then the OG Maco ****. They dropped "Give Em Hell", kicked off a whole new wave and then "U Guessed It" started buzzing. I don't think him nor his manager (now 21 Savage manager thanks to him) felt like a viral, potentially one hit wonder type move was the best for his career so he bounced out on that too. Skipped the videoshoot and they took him off the song.

21 Savage **** another weird situation that I ain't even gonna get into

So yeah there's been opportunities just didn't feel right for what he tryna do I guess. Kinda sad cause bruh will prolly never blow up now even tho he done gave out hella game to _'s, originated flows, styles etc

I always felt that if you weren't to push your marketability to take it to the mainstream, someone will always adopt your style and make it mainstream themselves.

I didn't know Bryan Michael Cox was involved with that. But I remember when that tape came out and I thought that was the beginning of bigger things for dude. I thought it was dope Juicy J was giving him and SGP a look during that time, but it makes sense if there was some writing being done.

The whole Two9 thing was another thing that used to confuse me. I first got put on to them thru Snubnose Frankenstein then he just vanishes in the wind. It was obvious since the start that Key was the most talented and every tape that would follow I lost interest in them as a group even more. Then when he started experimenting with the autotune heavy which is the sound we're hearing now from everyone else, I realized that if the group were to ever blow up it'd be cause of him. But he kept quitting the group and coming back and quitting again.

I heard about that OG Maco situation and it was a good move by Kei. Maco came and went.

Say no more, I just found it funny that if I remember correctly they had to basically convince 21 to rap. Put him on with producers and all, then 21 Savage skyrockets into stardom. Then that whole Trap N's video situation.

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if Manman blew up before he did.
It's cool if fame and $ didn't appeal to him, but if it does then that's unfortunate

This track will always be a wave

Why don't other genres of music go through this old ***** vs new ***** drama

Also anybody with any connections in the music industry hit my PM's got something I want to chop up with y'all

I'm tired of dudes who are 30 talking about old rappers like they aren't a old rapper. Run DMC were in their mid 20's when they were considered washed, out dated and too old.

It's like they think getting older will escape them. And like every rapper they don't plan on rapping forever. But the irony is the ones who are able to actually step away from music financially, Jay, 50, Puff, Pharrell...still do it. These dudes should hope they can get $5 and $10,000 checks when they're 50 touring across the world.

Pete whoever is an old senile fool

So considering you're a fool now, what will you be in 10, 20 years?

I'm tired of dudes who are 30 talking about old rappers like they aren't a old rapper. Run DMC were in their mid 20's when they were considered washed, out dated and too old.

It's like they think getting older will escape them. And like every rapper they don't plan on rapping forever. But the irony is the ones who are able to actually step away from music financially, Jay, 50, Puff, Pharrell...still do it. These dudes should hope they can get $5 and $10,000 checks when they're 50 touring across the world.

So considering you're a fool now, what will you be in 10, 20 years?

I’ll be old yeah, but I won’t be a senile fool :lol:

Back
Top Bottom