Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Put me on.
I'm tryna get some more afrobeat too

This Jidenna lil mini album is fire too
60% of our music is way slower than afrobeat and isn't in english lol. It's more of a slow dance/slow wine with a girl at party ish. When the Kompa Beat drop though and you got a nice dark skin shorty though ... MAN!!!

This is one of the best Kompa mixes I've ever heard.

The maker of this song from St Martinique (french speaking island) but we strong armed this song. Up in Jersey, if you grew up around haitians/carribeans we turn up when this come on.

Y’all keep sleeping if you want....but there is a segment of young, hood ***** really making waves and growing fanbases inspired by 90s & early 00s southern legends.

This type of young, street rap is on the verge of bowing up. Kodak broke through...Youngboy on his way....and that “bottom sound” bout to take over for 2018.

this **** is lava

kodak need a verse

Some dudes just not gonna break. Kodak also broke through because of his antics. I don't see NBA elevating much farther than where he at now. Some dudes just have a lane they can't escape.

youngboy is the black bieber right now

98 coulda went to either X, Jay or Mase. 99 was either Jay, Dr Dre or X.

2013 was Kendrick. 2015 was Furture. 2017 was Kendrick.

It's crazy to hear NBA youngboy sample Tha Block is hot when 70% of Wayne fans probably never heard that song. That was the first album I bought when I was a kid. Was probably like 7.

98 coulda went to either X, Jay or Mase. 99 was either Jay, Dr Dre or X.

2013 was Kendrick. 2015 was Furture. 2017 was Kendrick.
Individual years always can have a candidate but for the most part, this decade has pretty much belonged to Drake. Even though Future had his run, Drake is just on another level. But going on after this year, it may belong to Kendrick

Now that I'm thinking about it, some of the years are off and you cant just give those years to one person. Ever since 2000 there's been at least two people running rap during the years they listed. Just one example alone was when Ye was everywhere from 2004 - 2007, but 50 was big as well. Sidenote, So it's hard to just say one person ran rap during all of those periods of time

Last edited:
I think the show is good right where it’s at..but what changes do y’all think they might try to do?

Those evergreen episodes were fire, where they discuss one topic all episode

better set
joe on fridays permanently
let it run for more than an hour consistently instead of trying to cram topics

add a young ***** who’s not a square and can be the opposite of what ak offers tax woulda been pefect

Sidenote, So it's hard to just say one person ran rap during all of those periods of time
Yes. You can't give that period from 98-00 to one person. Puffy, Jay, X, Mase, Dre was all one the same level. 00-02 Em, Jay, Nelly, Ja was on the same level.

03 to me was hands down 50, same with 08 Wayne.

jay wins for being the only one aside from Nas to be at the top of that list or close to it from 97-98 till 2017

Back
Top Bottom