Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Guess I'm still in the minority that prefers a 12-14 song project. Anything under 10 is way too short IMO.

Truth be told I think every album comes and goes now, every single one!

This. It's the dumbest criticism of a project ever. Consumers nowadays have WAY too many options. Reviews come out after 1 quick listen. Then people move on. No matter how amazing the project is.

Even if you're a music junkie, it's impossible to keep up with. Imagine being a casual music listener.

The real test is what do u go back and revisit. Everything gets spins for a week and then u never hear it again minus a couple songs. I find myself going back and listening to a lot of **** if none of my top artist released anything new.

I’ve just been sitting with Redemption/Nasir/Everything is Love/Daytona for a few weeks now. Pretty much all I’m listening to.

The music just changes after you’ve given it a few spins. It’s a shame for people who don’t do that. You hear so much more on the 4th, 5th, 6th+ listens.

I listened to "Boo'd Up". The song has that 90s vibe going for it, which is why people probably like it.

It's a decent song, but it doesn't warrant the unnecessary remixes that it's getting now.

In My Feelings got the potential to be the summer song

The ratchet girls love that joint, and I see that viral challenge starting to catch on

Back
Top Bottom