Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Weezy F Baby
The motha****in Carter
*****es on my stick
But my name ain't Harry Potter

giphy.gif

Best rapper alive, they said.

I got goosebumps reading them lyrics...Good times. Dedication 2 my favorite Wayne tape

Weezy F Baby
The motha****in Carter
*****es on my stick
But my name ain't Harry Potter

giphy.gif

Best rapper alive, they said.

I was bumping The Carter 1 for the first time in a while over the weekend (I remember you said you never listened to a Wayne album :lol:) and it's still a good album but not nothing crazy. Some good songs then some sound real dated and some filler.

Wayne was nice on it but not no f'n all time great like he hardcore fans claim. At times Wayne does ramble about nothing. The best thing is his delivery, Gillie helped him A LOT. BMJR and Miss My Dawgs (because I was a CMB fan since 97) are like the only songs that really stand out.

I was bumping The Carter 1 for the first time in a while over the weekend (I remember you said you never listened to a Wayne album :lol:) and it's still a good album but not nothing crazy. Some good songs then some sound real dated and some filler.

Wayne was nice on it but not no f'n all time great like he hardcore fans claim. At times Wayne does ramble about nothing. The best thing is his delivery, Gillie helped him A LOT. BMJR and Miss My Dawgs (because I was a CMB fan since 97) are like the only songs that really stand out.

Gillie/Philly inspired Wayne is his apex hands down. He always had the charisma and mic presence but that lil extra inspiration (and possible references :nerd:) filled it out

Looking back it really was a interesting mix of east coast and down south sensibilities

Post-Carter 2 Wayne (when he started going away from that style) is basically a caricature :lol:, outside of random bright spots like No Ceilings etc

Ehhh, his flow kinda wack on it.

I get that Suge put him on and put on a lot of people but I think he showing Suge a little too much love. Suge did a lot of ****ed up and stupid ****. Got people beat up and killed and raped.

Yeah when you look at us just think about it, we don't own nothin
If we get money, we got a lil few dollars, but our whole family tore up *****
You gettin money for the people in ya family that ain't got nothin
When it's all said and done, what do you own? You don't own nothin, you don’t own you... The ***** playin basketball, he don't own that jersey, he can't even be in a commercial with his name on the back.

So when it's really all said and done, what did you do this for? What difference did you make?

TALK TO THESE ******
2F359247-E140-41DD-952C-48A8C887E717.png

Back
Top Bottom