Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

busta is kinda like fat joe to me sales wise. He had major hit singles and featured on mega hits, but it just never translated to album sales. Honestly outside of the hits, I just don’t see people wanting to listen to a whole busta album.

Busta has a lot of dope album cuts, he definitely is an album artist. Up until ELE 2 I haven’t really felt a Busta project since before Big Bang.

I was mad as hell when they censored the album version. :lol:

All them damn pauses

Surprised El Chapo ain't tried to snipe you
Surprised the Nation of Islam ain't tried to find you
Have a rally out in L.A., we gon **** it up

Home of the Rodney King riot, we don't give a ****

That **** was hard as a mfer
Ran into guy in the most random places in Southern Cali. Didn’t think it was him because he didn’t seem so gangsta and he didn’t have on his jewels.

Busta was above Fat Joe

but he was never quite in that DMX, Ja Rule and Jay-Z class

He was on the tier under them

Busta has a lot of dope album cuts, he definitely is an album artist. Up until ELE 2 I haven’t really felt a Busta project since before Big Bang.

I feel the exact opposite

Busta was never properly guided and A&R'd before Aftermath

Busta under Ja Rule, Jay-Z and DMX?

Are we talking mainstream as an artist?

Or, we talking the art? Lyricism?

It's obvious what I was talking about, so you did it

Its obvious I didn’t know what you’re were implying...Because I didn’t go back to the top to read.

Moving on...I agree. Seems like he did better on the R&B charts than the hip hop charts :lol:

I am thinking I need to add Method Man in my top 10. Went back to listen to his old tapes and some of his random recents.

Busta was above Fat Joe

but he was never quite in that DMX, Ja Rule and Jay-Z class

He was on the tier under them

I feel the exact opposite

Busta was never properly guided and A&R'd before Aftermath

I’d definitely take Busta’s Elektra and J albums over his Aftermath one. On Aftermath is when he started to become drug lord cartel kingpin Busta :lol:

Give this man his flowers.

He's just as or even more relevant to the culture than other dudes we prop up in terms of their impact.

SMACK is an absolute legend and icon and it's time we treat him as such.

Never changed, never switched up, and is STILL the leader and preserver of rap in it's purest form.

Salute

I’m shocked how little love Busta gets in this thread.

First three albums were real good. Anarchy was cool but not as good. Genesis and Big Bang were real good. His discography solid.

He’s under X and Jay but ahead of Ja in my book.

He's under Ja, because Ja was a bigger artist for those three/four years than Busta ever was.

Ja was going multi and headlining tours

Back
Top Bottom