Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Drake has been on autopilot since Views. I’m convinced he can deliver higher quality music with ease but keeps it safe by appealing to subsections in his fanbase that like him for different reasons. He’ll make records in which he’s spittin to satisfy those who want to hear it, smooth r&b records, and uptempo radio/club records. At this point for me, it’s nothing more to expect from him. He’ll always drop cool joints and bangers hear and there but he peaked at IYRTIL. Album was just okay.

Safe and formulaic. Not inspired. He does what he does well tho.

Couple bangers. Some smooth joints and a few flowing tracks.

Nah this time he was even less inspired. NWTS and IYRTITL weren't safe at all and shifted sounds. Could be high expectations but this is a passive effort from him, let down off first listen. Could have cut this down, and it feels like this is missing more of the straight bangers he's had on other projects. Production and mixing was off as well on a few tracks.

There are some standouts, maybe it'll grow on me.

CLB-6/10 on first listen.

Just like almost every other Drake album(outside WATTBA), it'll probably get little to no playback from me.

Akademiks out of all people fell asleep on his Drake listening stream. This ***** really slumped :rofl:
1A82A115-5AB3-4933-AF09-C162C96B38AA.jpeg

Last edited:
Im listen again but 1st time thru, this album kinda average 😒. Problem is way too long, its 1.5 hrs with lot of filler tracks, the standouts do standout tho. Was hoping he back on his If ya reading this its too late kinda album

Sidenote, wayne spazzed on YOLT and been on a nice lil feature run dating back to 2020, & Drake still goat at outros and any song where he places a time stamp/location

Drake has been on autopilot since Views. I’m convinced he can deliver higher quality music with ease but keeps it safe by appealing to subsections in his fanbase that like him for different reasons. He’ll make records in which he’s spittin to satisfy those who want to hear it, smooth r&b records, and uptempo radio/club records. At this point for me, it’s nothing more to expect from him. He’ll always drop cool joints and bangers hear and there but he peaked at IYRTIL. Album was just okay.

Even the handful of songs I listened to on this new album are better than the entirety of Views, More Life, and Scorpion. Those were easily the most unbelievably mid albums from him. A lot of IG caption/hashtag music before stuff was even referred to that way

First verse of only live twice, Pat’s bridge & 21s first verse on knife talk. 2nd half of n 2 deep

Production on the Tems track way too subdued.

Will be on the lookout for a Drake-less, features only version.

Weezy was spazzing :pimp:

I like N 2 Deep but I keep waiting to hear “Pimp C P.A trill *****”:lol:

Back
Top Bottom