Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Kendrick & Future relationship is an understated one for sure. They even got a Grammy outta it.

If it was anybody other than like Push, that would get at Drake…it would be these two, because he can’t do anything with them for real lol.

ADVERTISEMENT​
Drake got nothing to say about Kendrick. Dot aint in no high profile relationship, he don't be out hanging with the rest of these _'s, ain't no strippers talking about him, highly respected.

1712013451760.png

Like That so fire
Auto pilot Pluto (on a track featuring arguably the most anticipated verse of the decade) talking his usual ****, breathtakingly vivid like his triple choke adlib, nonchalance excellence, effortlessly riding this ***** higher than lance Armstrong did Tour de France, "balling like he won a championship game" to a #1 for real.
Whistle Fewtch undefeated ⏸️

Truly Humble Under God would have embarrassed everybody on Cinderella, nail polish and everything. Hopefully he'll mixtape Weezy it when he's out (so so soon)

Read the article looking for “April Fools” but didn’t see it :smh:

Unpopular opinion but I don’t think P is wrong to want a bigger cut (I’m speculating). He’s a megastar now and his profile elevates the Neptunes/N.E.R.D discography. Not mad at Chad pushing back though if the splits are way off. I see both sides.

First Little Brother now this. Sucks to see the business create a potentially irreparable rift between another one of my favorite collectives.

I noticed that for a while, Pharrell will produce something and the credits say Neptunes but it's just P. I don't understand why he can't just use his name cuz like you said he's the bigger name anyway. If anything has "Neptunes" on it then both of them should get equal credit/pay.

I noticed that for a while, Pharrell will produce something and the credits say Neptunes but it's just P. I don't understand why he can't just use his name cuz like you said he's the bigger name anyway. If anything has "Neptunes" on it then both of them should get equal credit/pay.

which songs?

i forgot which song but i’ve see producer credits go only to pharrell and not the neptunes many times. I thought it credits neptunes only if Chad was involved in it

I’m sure one of parole condition provision him to not associate with other known felons.

I thought the Neptunes trademark is mainly for licensing for clothing and other endeavors.

So if it's put in a BBC shirt or something it would be cutting Chad out or if P puts it on something involving LV.

Last week’s filings targeted only with the three recent trademark applications, but Hugo’s case could potentially expand beyond them. That’s because Pharrell’s company already successfully registered The Neptunes name as a trademark for musical sound recordings, and has another pending application to register the name for clothing and other merch.

In his filing last week, Hugo’s lawyers said that the trademark registrations covering sound recordings “and possibly others” would be subject to a future legal action aimed at having them voided.

this sound like Pharrell tryna own the name outright

Back
Top Bottom