Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Umar warned us! All this frailty, softness, and tenderization IS a part of the bunny hoppin agenda. The ancestors is sick right now. Stay woke brothas and sistas. :nerd:

Screenshot_20240408-065705-047.png Screenshot_20240408-065757-307.png

heard this brought up in here b4 but i was actually thinkin about it last night.

Wtf could a ***** really say about KL tho? He drop a album out the blue every 4 years and goes back into his rabbit hole. He aint on socials. There isnt very much substantial material to pull from.

But on the other hand, prior to this bowing out of the “beef”, what really couldve been said about cole? The puff ****? Meh.

Both of em carry themselves well. Ion rock with neither of em like that but they seem like respectable guys @ the end of the day.

That bein said, unless there was some sorta glaring misstep behind the scenes that we weren’t aware of, this battle really wouldn’t have been all that spicy to begin with.

Mean this in the least disrespectful/not joking way as possible but the newer generation can be soft or sensitive at times. The Pusha T response to Drake was referenced some time back in here and I remember a significant portion of the general audience criticizing pusha because of the content (based on the sample size I saw on social media atleast).

Doubt itll be everybody or even the majority but it wouldn't suprize me if a significant portion of rappers moving forward just shy away from battling or directly competing in general.

Your personal well being is more important than providing entertainment to consumers. If this makes him happy I'm happy for him. Still pretty weird though compared to what Ive listened to growing up with hip-hop, respectfully.

Their are fans out their who love this probably

Last edited:
I think I’m one of the few that like what Cole did. I think he should have never responded and he went too far with his statement but you could tell he had no beef for Kendrick. That **** hard to fake when you damn near 40 and all about peace.

We all knew it was off when he tried to **** on TPAB.

heard this brought up in here b4 but i was actually thinkin about it last night.

Wtf could a ***** really say about KL tho? He drop a album out the blue every 4 years and goes back into his rabbit hole. He aint on socials. There isnt very much substantial material to pull from.

But on the other hand, prior to this bowing out of the “beef”, what really couldve been said about cole? The puff ****? Meh.

Both of em carry themselves well. Ion rock with neither of em like that but they seem like respectable guys @ the end of the day.

That bein said, unless there was some sorta glaring misstep behind the scenes that we weren’t aware of, this battle really wouldn’t have been all that spicy to begin with.

There’s always **** you can make fun of. His wack voices and flows he does at times that ruins some songs. Him being a conspiracy theorist. He’s 5’3. Always something.

This is pretty much how I've been viewing this the whole time. Aside from salacious **** that could be proven to the public after the fact and threats of violence I guess Cole's heritage could be referenced by Kendrick but that's about it. I was never expecting too much aside from that honestly.

These potential "disses" would of been pertaining to each other's professional missteps and that mostly it, not sure if everyone would of been happy with that.

You can diss about anything. Thats the point. To be creative in warfare. You can make jokes, it dont gotta be tied with literal occurrences all the time. You can use real happenings, respond to previous lyrics, or just say how much better you are in a clever way. It aint that deep.

Issue I got with Cole is he said some **** in the 1st place. Like he literally folded to peer pressure. That what his raps sounded like, no chest involved.

edit: If we can get that dot x cole collab album, then that would really be dope.

Last edited:
I honestly think Cole thought he was playing chess.

He was releasing the album in time for Dreamville Festival, and thought including a diss song would help boost sales and attention. I wonder if he talked to anyone in his crew about it. From people trying to act like that joint wasn't mid and boring it just shows the harm yes men can cause you. Bas or JID should have gone, nah bro, this isn't a good song and good decision.

He should have kept the subliminals and left off the mid diss song. 🤷‍♂️

Mean this in the least disrespectful/not joking way as possible but the newer generation can be soft or sensitive at times. The Pusha T response to Drake was referenced some time back in here and I remember a significant portion of the general audience criticizing pusha because of the content (based on the sample size I saw on social media atleast).

Doubt itll be everybody or even the majority but it wouldn't suprize me if a significant portion of rappers moving forward just shy away from battling or directly competing in general.

Your personal well being is more important than providing entertainment to consumers. If this makes him happy I'm happy for him. Still pretty weird though compared to what Ive listened to growing up with hip-hop, respectfully.

Their are fans out their who love this probably
It’s the same reason there will never be another Def Jam Vendetta game.

And then there was the whole tapping into the takeover diss angle that cole tried to leverage @ KL, which went over like a fart in church.

**** was doomed from jump.

It’s the same reason there will never be another Def Jam Vendetta game.
Think that more so has to do with compensation than anything else. Not even sure whose signed to def jam at this point but what other label would a new one be based around? Roc Nation Vendetta?

He should have dissed him using the Dre Day beat, complete with all the little squeaky voice sounds effects.

Back
Top Bottom