Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

This is dope but yo when I started reading that and the title cut off I thought it was saying KRS-One Reacts to J. Cole Apology

This really messed me up :smh:

Wale's response was fire

Wale got the rawest deal by the corporate powers.

He was the First to tap into Afrobeats, and open that lane up. Drake gets the credit.

The sneaker ****. Travis Scott gets all the deals.

The NBA ambassador ****. Drake too gets that with the Raptors. Wale was doing **** with the Wizards way before. And with 2K

The wrestling ****. Look at all of them now hop on :lol:.

I’m not even that big of a fan of dude, but he legit got some real grievances. He himself can be annoying and bring **** on to himself….but the industry really just used him as a template, and painted over him in certain spaces. Colorism to do with it too

He was the First to tap into Afrobeats, and open that lane up. Drake gets the credit.

The NBA ambassador ****. Drake too gets that with the Raptors. Wale was doing **** with the Wizards way before. And with 2K

I’m not even that big of a fan of dude, but he legit got some real grievances. He himself can be annoying and bring **** on to himself….but the industry really just used him as a template, and painted over him in certain spaces. Colorism to do with it too
He's annoying like you said. If he stopped being a twitter diva and just let people give him his flowers instead of asking for them all the time, I'd have a hard time believing he'd be in the position he's in.

I don’t even know what people find annoying about Wale, especially if they’re not in the industry. I’ve seen one video of him geeked up in the studio with Spitta blowing his high but that’s it.

Soulja Boy complains more than Wale and he doesn’t even get that much grief. ****** just like to hop on the Wale hate train.

I don’t even know what people find annoying about Wale, especially if they’re not in the industry. I’ve seen one video of him geeked up in the studio with Spitta blowing his high but that’s it.

Soulja Boy complains more than Wale and he doesn’t even get that much grief. ****** just like to hop on the Wale hate train.
Nobody cares about Soulja Boy is the difference.

Cole let P down too

SP hit the nail on the head imo. Some folks are true hip hop fans and wanted to see the lyrical exchange. Some folks are adults and are leaning toward the “ehh… it’s whatever” train of thought. The older you get, the more you realize how valuable peace of mind really is. I can see how someone would want to dial it back if they realize that they’re doing something that really isn’t about ****.

I'm a fan of Cole but of all things that dont sit right with me with this apology, the "I got my chin out, take your best shot" is what bugs me the most. Naw *****, don't try to get ahead of getting punched by saying that lame ****. That makes Kendrick look crazy if he responds.

Cole been talking cash **** for years about wanting smoke with anyone willing. He sends a diss full of **** he doesn't believe (but actually applies to him) as part of an album rollout while saying the other guy only disses for clout.

***** been rapping about thots and pros when the world knows he's a happy father and husband.

Cole, you stupid

He's annoying like you said. If he stopped being a twitter diva and just let people give him his flowers instead of asking for them all the time, I'd have a hard time believing he'd be in the position he's in.

He stopped a few years ago

Wale wasn’t likable or popular. His music was flat and wack. Some of what you listed might be true but a few are not.

And this is the **** I’m talking about. Most people saw this drop and didn’t think of Wale. Why would anyone think of Wale for a popular shoe and a popular color? NO ONE IS BUYING FOAMS CAUSE OF WA ****IN LE.

Cole let P down too

I think Cole would have handled this differently 10 years ago. He’s almost older and isn’t on that type of time. Man don’t even do his hair anymore. He just outside barefoot.

Back
Top Bottom