Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

The more i listen to Euphoria the more I **** with it :pimp:

cant quite say the same for Push Ups IMO.
I’ll double down and say if we’re in Round 1 of this battle, and its Euphoria vs Push Ups, KDot got round 1. Like That was just the warm up/pre-battle, i dont count that here. Just a prologue to get us to the beginning of this fight.

I dont need to let this one digest. It aint no recently bias. KDot winning at the moment.

I actually agree with this take. Gen z (especially the women) have become so colorist these days unlike the past where we use to stick together. My grandma was basically white skin and in Mississippi in her days she was basically treated like a negro. Like is Rosa Parks, Malcom X, and Fredick Douglas not black? Its not like Drake is Tiger Woods. He's always been proud and claimed his blackness

For you not to understand calling phony people out shows you either not black or maybe are but have a disconnect.

Now that I'm familiar with your history it adds up

1714505254450.png

Awwwww look at my stans, sending each other lil gossip love notes about me.

the sensitivity! the pearl clutching from the "anything goes in rap beef crowd" i love it :lol:

I actually agree with this take. Gen z (especially the women) have become so colorist these days unlike the past where we use to stick together. My grandma was basically white skin and in Mississippi in her days she was basically treated like a negro. Like is Rosa Parks, Malcom X, and Fredick Douglas not black? It’s not like Drake is Tiger Woods. He's always been proud and claimed his blackness
Colorism been around since we got here

I think drake is lame. He can’t help how he grew up. That’s not on him. Not going to call him less of a brotha for something he had no control of.

However. He’s still a lame talented wave rider that is talented enough to dabble in genres and make money for the machine. But he’s still lame. I don’t have a solo drake song on my phone.

IMG_1293.gif

Jcole has this same issue, way more has been written about his alleged misogyny then Young Thug for example.

by any objective measure Jcole is less misogynistic than the average rapper.
but he is treated more seriously...because imo he codes as middle class.
I think the distinction there is more that the likes of Young Thug, Future etc aren't attempting to put out some kind of social critique. It's rather obvious they don't care, there is no discussion to be had there.
I do agree with your overall point about white music critics and hiphop though.

Been outside for his entire run. Got some buddies that are lifelong Drake fans. They wouldn’t even say this :lol:

Multiple? lol. That’s always been the criticism with Drake. All this time. No real classic album
So Far Gone is not a classic brother? November 18th still doesnt get played weekly in Houston clubs? Take Care is not a classic? Why not. I guess thats my question. What is Drake lacking in those projects that dont make them modern day classics?

Colorism been around since we got here

I think drake is lame. He can’t help how he grew up. That’s not on him. Not going to call him less of a brotha for something he had no control of.

However. He’s still a lame talented wave rider that is talented enough to dabble in genres and make money for the machine. But he’s still lame. I don’t have a solo drake song on my phone.

IMG_1293.gif
Your one of the few because at the end of every year when people are showing their top played artist on spotify wrapped and Apple replay he's always in folks top 5. He's the most steamed rapper. lol somebody is cappin. (Not saying you are, but in general)

Back
Top Bottom