Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I actually agree with this take. Gen z (especially the women) have become so colorist these days unlike the past where we use to stick together. My grandma was basically white skin and in Mississippi in her days she was basically treated like a negro. Like is Rosa Parks, Malcom X, and Fredick Douglas not black? Its not like Drake is Tiger Woods. He's always been proud and claimed his blackness

:lol: this post can’t be serious. And you GOTTA be trolling

But anyways, Drake always caught these kinda jokes. And his closeness to whiteness etc and how he taps into it has been discussed talked about for ages. It’s why the “white boy” ad lib from Ross is simple, but hilarious.

On another note. Something I caught about Drake that he’s been doing/saying in regards to Race/Slavery, and who he does it with.

Randomly was watching the video with Jack Harlow, and Drake was talking again about whipping somebody. And him and Jack Harlow made the whipping motion, with Harlow at the Kentucky derby of all places….dressed like Colonel Sanders or Leo’s character from Django :lol: :smh:

IMG_6820.gif

Harlow doing that a little too well. You know…Jack Harlow do got that #1 song about “whipping people” and “tying them down”……makes you wonder

How? 5 out of like 2000 songs. He ain’t getting no money from me
If you, aren’t a fan of dude, but end up still listening to him. I’m willing to wager there’s a whole lot of people like yourself. Add that to the people that are actually a fan and listen to him religiously. It’s easy to see how he ends up being #1… not even mentioning the streaming farm stuff that folks believe happens behind the scenes for him.

If you, aren’t a fan of dude, but end up still listening to him. I’m willing to wager there’s a whole lot of people like yourself. Add that to the people that are actually a fan and listen to him religiously. It’s easy to see how he ends up being #1… not even mentioning the streaming farm stuff that folks believe happens behind the scenes for him.
He’s talented. He can rap. If he has a nice verse, I won’t lie to myself. But yall talking about classic albums and I don’t hear drake solo songs or album cuts. On purpose

:lol: this post can’t be serious. And you GOTTA be trolling

But anyways, Drake always caught these kinda jokes. And his closeness to whiteness etc and how he taps into it has been discussed talked about for ages. It’s why the “white boy” ad lib from Ross is simple, but hilarious.

On another note. Something I caught about Drake that he’s been doing/saying in regards to Race/Slavery, and who he does it with.

Randomly was watching the video with Jack Harlow, and Drake was talking again about whipping somebody. And him and Jack Harlow made the whipping motion, with Harlow at the Kentucky derby of all places….dressed like Colonel Sanders or Leo’s character from Django :lol: :smh:

IMG_6820.gif

Harlow doing that a little too well. You know…Jack Harlow do got that #1 song about “whipping people” and “tying them down”……makes you wonder

man said whipped and chained you like american slaves :lol:

Might be venturing into controversial territory here, but is pointing out that someone grew up in a single parent household with their white parent outside of the culture and country really colorism?
I don't think pointing out specific things about Drake's behavior regarding his relationship to black culture, (perceived lack of) embracing his blackness, ... is really colorism. This has been a point of contention in Drake's career for as long as I can remember.
If Drake was being roasted just for his parents and upbringing, sure.

This is so cap its not even funny. If you are actually outside. you know most people feel like Drake has multiple classics

Outside where? The suburbs? Canada? Lmao. Drake gets no play outside unless you're a metrosexual or female. Only time you hear drake in the streets is if theres a street rapper featured.

I guess im on twitter too much these days but I definitely see more colorism takes than i used to. I don't even like using that term. I just got it from the internet

So Far Gone is not a classic brother? November 18th still doesnt get played weekly in Houston clubs? Take Care is not a classic? Why not. I guess thats my question. What is Drake lacking in those projects that dont make them modern day classics?

So far gone is his best project. It’s not a classic. Take Care is a good body of work. IYRTITL had BANGERS, & NWTS was solid.

He doesn’t have a classic album. He has a bunch of hit records from various projects over the course of his career that have replay value.

Im off the Drake classic takes. It is what it is. I keep finding new lines in this diss. Kendrick is a witty mf'er. Some of these bars got me dying laughing

Back
Top Bottom